Giving your dog a dinner

Brucey Baby

May 19, 2015
England
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
I know people feed raw meat and my parents do this with their Staffordshire bull terrier so this is probably a daft question but wanted to double check because of his age. If we have a sunday lunch (meat, veg and potatoes) could we cook the meat and veg for Bruce? He's 4 month so don't want to give him anything he shouldn't have. Again, probable a daft question but wanted to be sure. Thanks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I tagged two members that might be able to give a better answer than me..... one used to feed home cooked and the other is a raw feeder

OP
Brucey Baby

Brucey Baby

May 19, 2015
England
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
I tagged two members that might be able to give a better answer than me..... one used to feed home cooked and the other is a raw feeder

Great thanks. If it was any other dog id do it but don't want to risk it with all the problems they can have, thanks again

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
You can give the meat cooked or raw. Veggies should be eather cooked or pureed raw. Fresh food never hurts.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Sure, giving Bruce cooked meat and veggies are fine. I did that (and still do on occasion) for my bulldogs--they would get cooked ground beef, veggies, and rice.

OP
Brucey Baby

Brucey Baby

May 19, 2015
England
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
Thanks for your replies, is there any veg he cant have?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Thanks for your replies, is there any veg he cant have?

Avoid onions, garlic, tomato , mushrooms, rhubarb. Also, no corn-on-the-cob (corn itself is okay for dogs to eat however, just don't give the cob b/c of choking hazard). I avoid tomatoes b/c of the high acidity but it's really the leaves and stems that are toxic to dogs. And if you give potatoes, make sure they are cooked b/c raw potatoes can be toxic as well. Hope this helps.

OP
Brucey Baby

Brucey Baby

May 19, 2015
England
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
Thanks, might treat him tomorrow then haha. Am I being paranoid with these simple questions?? Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks, might treat him tomorrow then haha. Am I being paranoid with these simple questions?? Lol

Not at all.... you need to be extra careful with bullies -- they are sensitive babies

OP
Brucey Baby

Brucey Baby

May 19, 2015
England
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
Thanks that makes me feel better haha. Had dogs all my life but this is the first bulldog. A family members got one but lost his first and a client of mine has two but he lost his first aswell so I just worried about doing the wrong thing

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.