Brandon05

May 12, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubbles
Hows it going everyone? I am getting my first English bulldog in 10 days, real excited, want to keep the puppy healthy and not feed it the crap food that is at every store, The breeder said he feeds them Fromm puppy and will give me a small bag of that when I get her.. I have saw the best ranking dog foods you have, but when should I transition her off the fromm and into some of those? any help will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
I would highly recommend sticking with Fromm's if you aren't looking for a cheaper alternative. They make excellent kibble and the adult products are interchangeable if you run into allergy issues :)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Fromm's is one of the top foods you can get in the US. We used the puppy gold in the pink bag and then switched to the Grain Free 4 Star line as you can just swap the various foods in that line from meal to meal if you wish with no transition period in between. We fed this until my bully got a MRSA infection after paying in a mud puddle and developed quite a long list of allergies. The wonderful thing about the high quality foods is that you actually have to feed less so while it does cost more up front in the long run you won't be paying much more per month on average compared to lower quality foods.

My thought process has always been this. Feed the highest quality food you can afford without breaking your budget that works best for your bully.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I would highly recommend sticking with Fromm's if you aren't looking for a cheaper alternative. They make excellent kibble and the adult products are interchangeable if you run into allergy issues :)

Agree - I would stay on Fromms - its a great kibble! Alot of members here feed Fromms.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agree, I also feed fromm puppy and for my adults I feed four star. I would not switch any earlier than 4 months, but you can. Truthfully, the four star is a better food, but I tell everyone to stick with the puppy until their bulldog fills out and they need a leaner food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

Brandon05

May 12, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubbles
Thanks everyone! What is best/cheapest way of buying this in bulk? buying online or a general chain/ pet store have them? I live in Omaha NE.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thanks everyone! What is best/cheapest way of buying this in bulk? buying online or a general chain/ pet store have them? I live in Omaha NE.

You can order online, the largest bag is 30lb for Fromm Puppy- there is online retailers with free shipping like petflow or chewy, or if you visit Fromm's website you can find a local retailer.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
i am currently feeding the new Fromm grain free puppy.... Prairie Gold, Lambeau is doing very well on it

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome3::congrats2:Hi and Welcome to EBN, you'll love it on this site. Everyone above has already given you great advice, and I agree that you can't go wrong with using any of the Fromm's foods, it is an excellent food. We fed our guys Fromms Puppy Gold until the age of 7 months, and then switched them to Fromm's adult food, we are currently feeding them Fromm's Lamb and Lentil. I'm sure your super excited to bring Bubbles home, I love his name, so cute, and I can't wait to see pictures of your new bully baby. Congratulations.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.