Question

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
So Brett is 35 lbs and Logan is 25 lbs. and I give them about 1 cup 3x a day. Am I feeding them too much? They are also on Fromm Beef Fritata. Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schak

Oct 14, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Margie
So Brett is 35 lbs and Logan is 25 lbs. and I give them about 1 cup 3x a day. Am I feeding them too much? They are also on Fromm Beef Fritata. Thanks everyone!

Our bully is 50 pounds and we feed her one cup twice a day.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Lynn, how old are your guys? They sound like they are at a good weight at 35 and 25 lbs. every bully is different in height, weight and build, some bullies are on the smaller side and weigh in the 30 to 45 lb range, and others are bigger and are in the 50 to 60 or 70 range and are considered a normal weight for their size. Most people feed their puppies 1 cup 3 times a day while they are puppies and when they are 6 or 7 months old, will switch to a adult kibble and reduce the feedings to 1 cup twice a day feedings. If your guys are still puppies then continue to feed them 3 times a day, and if they are older, then maybe reduce to 1 cup twice a day feedings. Again every dog is different and they may be fine with 3 times a day feedings, especially if they are very active. Have you asked your vet what he thinks about their weight?
How you can tell if your bully is overweight or not, is to stand over your bully and view him from the top, he should have a well defined waist, and you should be able to feel his ribs, but not see them. It is better and healthier for your EB to be on the leaner side rather than having extra weight because they are prone to hip and joint problems, arthritis, and breathing problems, all of which are harder on them if they carry excess weight.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep... need to know how old they are, here is a great chart to help

8 weeks1/2 cup 3 times a day
12 weeks2/3 to 3/4 cup 3 times a day
4 & 5 months3/4 cup 3 times a day
6 months to 1 year1.25 to 1.5 cups twice a day

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi Lynn, how old are your guys? They sound like they are at a good weight at 35 and 25 lbs. every bully is different in height, weight and build, some bullies are on the smaller side and weigh in the 30 to 45 lb range, and others are bigger and are in the 50 to 60 or 70 range and are considered a normal weight for their size. Most people feed their puppies 1 cup 3 times a day while they are puppies and when they are 6 or 7 months old, will switch to a adult kibble and reduce the feedings to 1 cup twice a day feedings. If your guys are still puppies then continue to feed them 3 times a day, and if they are older, then maybe reduce to 1 cup twice a day feedings. Again every dog is different and they may be fine with 3 times a day feedings, especially if they are very active. Have you asked your vet what he thinks about their weight?
How you can tell if your bully is overweight or not, is to stand over your bully and view him from the top, he should have a well defined waist, and you should be able to feel his ribs, but not see them. It is better and healthier for your EB to be on the leaner side rather than having extra weight because they are prone to hip and joint problems, arthritis, and breathing problems, all of which are harder on them if they carry excess weight.

I forgot to add that too. Brett is 6 month old and Logan just turned 4 month old. I can definitely feel their ribs. Thank you !

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I forgot to add that too. Brett is 6 month old and Logan just turned 4 month old. I can definitely feel their ribs. Thank you !

I am giving Lambeau 3 cups a day.... 1 cup 3x a day

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh ok. Thanks! Just wanted to make sure I'm not over feeding them! I give both 1 tablespoon of yogurt as well.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh ok. Thanks! Just wanted to make sure I'm not over feeding them! I give both 1 tablespoon of yogurt as well.

yep -- 1 tablespoon of yogurt with breakfast

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom

Hi Lynn your guys are still puppies, so it is fine to feed them 3 times a day. When they are switched to adult Dogfood around 7 months old, you can reassess how much they need, but many reduce the feedings to twice a day.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.