boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
Our store allows us to bring back the dog food as long as it still has half bag left and will gladly return our money back to us or let us exchange for a different kind. Having the receipt of course or they just look it up being a member and all. Maybe you could ask your store if they do that as well. Matter of fact both our pet stores do this.

OP
betterxthanxnew

betterxthanxnew

Apr 21, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Effie (EB), Oliver (FB) & Annabel (FB)
I believe our store will let us return it as well, we definitely have more than half the bag. I'm just not sure how I should go about transitioning her to the Canidae, from where we're at right now- which is mostly bland diet of rice/baby food with a little bit of her Blue Wilderness kibble.
Her stool was very firm on just the rice/baby food...but once we started putting her Blue Wilderness kibble in- it's went back to being extremely soft. She's still chewing on her back leg...and her mouth seems very pink to me. I definitely want to go ahead and switch her to Canidae Lamb & Rice. Just not sure how to go about it from where we are at right now...

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
I go to the vet and get canned prescription low residue formula whenever I changed foods. It is great on the digestive system and because I have had many trial and errors to find out that my boo is pretty much allergic to all stuff that her system seems to do well for the most part within minutes of eating this food. I always keep cans available but she eats the dry kibble formula and I am very pleased with it. No itching or diarrhea or tons of shedding of the hair and just a super small amount of yeast on her nose but I can deal with that as long as she is doing fine on the kibble in all other areas.
Maybe you could do the switch by putting just a few kibbles in his bland diet and then add a few more ect. Basically it will take longer but if it helps in the bm area then it is worth it to me. Like I said I exhausted myself with this area of boos life and although I need a script to get her food online I do believe it is so worth it. She loves the food.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'd stick to the bland diet until she's seen by the vet like [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] said. That's the best advice.

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
I hope you can get her bowel movements under control but I agree with the others about being seen by a vet if you can't seem to get her food change under control as far as her diarrhea. The chewing on her leg doesn't seem normal to me and more like possibly a reaction to her food if nothing else has changed. Of course I go to the vet over everything lol but it is how I have learned about my girl. This site is awesome for people with questions and or advice. Have you tried pumpkin for her to see if it helps with her diarrhea?

OP
betterxthanxnew

betterxthanxnew

Apr 21, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Well we have her bowel movements under control. We kept her on the bland diet for several days, and then transitioned her slowly to Canidae ALS Lamb & Rice. She seems to really like it, and her bowel movements are much much better. We will see how it goes for the next month and decide if we're going to stick with it. It only has 21% protein, which seems low to me. We may switch over to the Canidae Grain Free Elements, which is also lamb- but has a higher protein amount. However, Canidae's Grain Free line is for adult dogs only. Effie turns 17 weeks this coming Tues. Not sure if that's still too young to be on Adult Food. What do you all think?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
However, Canidae's Grain Free line is for adult dogs only. Effie turns 17 weeks this coming Tues. Not sure if that's still too young to be on Adult Food. What do you all think?

Unless it is an all stages food, I would not do adult till at least 8 months

OP
betterxthanxnew

betterxthanxnew

Apr 21, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks! She seems awfully young to be on adult food to me as well...but being a new dog owner I really wasn't sure what the normal time frame would be! We'll definitely hold off :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.