Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone feed their bull-pup wellness?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella Cow
    Likes (Received)

Default Does anyone feed their bull-pup wellness?

I'm feeding my dog wellness, but am wondering if maybe I should switch to something better. Her belly does just fine on it and she loves it, but I think she may be over weight and she has wicked tear stains. Also, she (mostly her face, and yes I do wipe it daily) will start to smell like hampster pee after about a week following a bath. Is this normal or a sign that maybe I should switch foods?

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Does anyone feed their bull-pup wellness?

Wellness is considered to be a good food but not all foods work with every dog. You may want to try another highly rated food, Fromm is very popular among our members. My Samson didn't have any tear stains on Fromm and he smelled wonderful!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella Cow
    Likes (Received)

Thanks. I have noticed that Fromm and Instinct are very popular and have started researching them. I also just assumed that the smell was normal for a Bullie. Glad to know that it is not and that it may be something that a diet change could get rid of. I sometimes worry that our house will start to smell like her.

BTW I love your quote!! People that don't own a Bulldog just look at me cock-eyed when I ramble on about my Bella as if she were an infant and tell them how she makes me laugh and smile soooo much. I just look at her and I melt.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

The most complaints I have heard about wellness puppy is the is pretty bad. It really is a good food, but just not up to the standards of Fromm.

My bullies smelled the BEST on Avoderm, but I have since switched to Fromm. It is just is so much better for them, and the tear stains are gone, they just do so well with it. If you have a hard time finding it in your area (and most likely it will be more expensive anyway!) you can order it from Petflow, Free shipping, use this link and give coupon code ENGLISHBULLDOG and you will always get free shipping on orders over $59.... and you pay no sales tax either! Many of our members use Petflow and no complaints yet

Click Here: Petflow

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bella Cows Mama View Post
    Thanks. I have noticed that Fromm and Instinct are very popular and have started researching them. I also just assumed that the smell was normal for a Bullie. Glad to know that it is not and that it may be something that a diet change could get rid of. I sometimes worry that our house will start to smell like her.

BTW I love your quote!! People that don't own a Bulldog just look at me cock-eyed when I ramble on about my Bella as if she were an infant and tell them how she makes me laugh and smile soooo much. I just look at her and I melt.
    LOL People that don't love bulldogs can never understand. I always say its takes a special person to really love a bulldog because they are a truly unique breed. I love that quote too, it is so true. Not matter how hard my day is once I get home and get that super excited, wiggle butt welcome from my boy Samson all those stresses of the day just seem to disappear!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hudson
    Likes (Received)

We just changed to Wellness Core and Hudson looooooooooooooooooooves it. His is less, but it can get stinky. But overall, his skin is so much better that I'm in love with it. My vet's happy with it too. But I think there's a couple good foods out there - as everyone says Fromm seems to be great (we haven't tried it since wellness hasn't failed) and you're bound to find the right fit eventually.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella Cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    The most complaints I have heard about wellness puppy is the is pretty bad. It really is a good food, but just not up to the standards of Fromm.

My bullies smelled the BEST on Avoderm, but I have since switched to Fromm. It is just is so much better for them, and the tear stains are gone, they just do so well with it. If you have a hard time finding it in your area (and most likely it will be more expensive anyway!) you can order it from Petflow, Free shipping, use this link and give coupon code ENGLISHBULLDOG and you will always get free shipping on orders over $59.... and you pay no sales tax either! Many of our members use Petflow and no complaints yet

Click Here: Petflow
    Thank you for the link. I am considering Fromm, Natures Variety Instinct, and Nature's Logic. I just hate the idea of not being able to get most of them at my local petco. When we first got Bella, we bought what the breeder had her on so that we didn't upset her belly( I think it was Royal Canin). I hated it and petco told me to bring it in and return it for a full refund. I like having the option to return incase of an allergy or dissatisfaction. I'm so torn whether or not to chance it by ordering online.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella Cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ILuvHudson View Post
    We just changed to Wellness Core and Hudson looooooooooooooooooooves it. His is less, but it can get stinky. But overall, his skin is so much better that I'm in love with it. My vet's happy with it too. But I think there's a couple good foods out there - as everyone says Fromm seems to be great (we haven't tried it since wellness hasn't failed) and you're bound to find the right fit eventually.
    My puggle, Bindi is on wellness core and I LOVE it for HER. She always smells nice and has the softest fur, but I had to start placing her food upstairs cause if Bella sneaks some nibbles, she leaves soft serve on my lawn ...I will never look at soft serve ice cream the same way again.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella Cow
    Likes (Received)

Does anyone have any opinions on Merrick?

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bella Cows Mama View Post
    Thank you for the link. I am considering Fromm, Natures Variety Instinct, and Nature's Logic. I just hate the idea of not being able to get most of them at my local petco. When we first got Bella, we bought what the breeder had her on so that we didn't upset her belly( I think it was Royal Canin). I hated it and petco told me to bring it in and return it for a full refund. I like having the option to return incase of an allergy or dissatisfaction. I'm so torn whether or not to chance it by ordering online.
    Check to see if you local feed store has them. The reason you don't find them at major pet retailers is because they don't make enough off of them, the cost vs. shelf space thing.

I agree, you should definitely test them out before you go online, but eventually if you choose any of those it is a really great option.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

If your feed store doesn't have it then you can try to see if they can special order it for you. The feed store I go to doesn't carry Fromm but they were able to order it for me.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella Cow
    Likes (Received)

Tessa and DesertSky...
    Thank-you so much for the idea. I will call around and see what I can come up will.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads