How long before trying new food

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Franks allergies seem to have gotten worse on fromms lamb and lentil. I am now wiping brown gunk out of his face fold. It has never been brown before. And he seems to be chewing his paws more. We've only been on the food for about 1.5 weeks I believe. Could things turn around in another few weeks? I'm afraid to continue if things will only get worse from here.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
IT can take up to 4 weeks to see improvement, we had awful luck with the lamb & lentil. You can try a different flavor without doing the change wait time, that's the beauty of Fromms 4 star grain free line. We're on Salmon Tunalini and all is well.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Madie, I totally agree with Phil, he gave you great advice. It can take up to a month to see any benefits or improvements from a food change, as it can take this long for the old food to leave his system, it sounds like he's still having reactions to something in his food, you could wait another week and see if he improves, and if not change to one of the other Fromms protein sources and see how he does. If he doesn't improve, then you may want to look at changing to another brand all together, not all dogs do well on Fromms. It's frustrating trying to find a dog food that they tolerate, and its really trial and error until you find the right one.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Franks allergies seem to have gotten worse on fromms lamb and lentil. I am now wiping brown gunk out of his face fold. It has never been brown before. And he seems to be chewing his paws more. We've only been on the food for about 1.5 weeks I believe. Could things turn around in another few weeks? I'm afraid to continue if things will only get worse from here.

same here... the lamb and lentil did not agree with my guys either. I immediately went back to Pork and Peas....

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina

I switch Ruckus's meals back and forth between Fromm surf and turf and beef frittata. Ruckus loves lamb, so when Fromm came out with lamb lamb and lentils I added that to the mix...which turned out to be a mistake. Ruckus was getting the same reddish brown good in his folds and on the face. Eliminating the lamb and lentils from his diet cleared it up.

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
We have had our fair share of food troubles, I switched to Fromm Pork & Applesauce ( Floyd needs the lower protein levels) he seems to be doing good on it but not Lola she she just started the Beef Frittata hoping it will help. She can't do Lamb either. It's frustrating because we want to see results immediately but it does take a bit to get out of the system. Good luck.

Most Reactions

Members online