Jerkey treats claimed to be made in USA causing illnesses in dogs

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I don't get it. The chicken they use is from a U.S. farm, and the rest of the ingredients are also sourced in the U.S.

Let's say the farm does source some of their ingredients (feed for the chickens) from China, they wouldn't be the only ones to do it.
Pet foods that are made and sourced in the U.S, must work with other companies who source from China. Yet, they don't have this problem. It's just the freakin' jerky treats.

What is it about jerky???!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I don't get it. The chicken they use is from a U.S. farm, and the rest of the ingredients are also sourced in the U.S.

Let's say the farm does source some of their ingredients (feed for the chickens) from China, they wouldn't be the only ones to do it.
Pet foods that are made and sourced in the U.S, must work with other companies who source from China. Yet, they don't have this problem. It's just the freakin' jerky treats.

What is it about jerky???!!

Maybe the process they use to make them? :blink:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Makes you wonder, but I don't give mine jerky anyway, just sad others are getting sick from it.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have never given any of that ever-just a lucky break. But I don't even want to eat something named "jerky" ..........

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree it could be the way it's manufactured, I know the chicken jerky that made the news a few years ago and killed or made many dogs sick came from china, and the ingredient that they suspected was the cause was Glycerin. I had two co workers whose dogs died from kidney failure after eating chicken jerky made in China. I don't give any store bought treats to Dozer and Blossom other than Fruitables, or Benny Bully Liver.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.