boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
My girls vet said she needed to lose weight and I just about fell over. What? I thought her figure 8 was amazing! Said she wanted her to be closer to the weight of 50lbs. So we began our journey of weight loss lol. I began measuring her food rather than free feeding her. Today she is at her weight that the vet wanted and while she is healthier all around she still rocks that pretty girl figure 8 in my eyes. Her breeder shows dogs and was amazed at her muscle structure when she seen her last week. Said she looked really nice and was very pleased at how healthy she is. Vet tech went to pick her up and said omg she is solid which I had to laugh. It was harder on me to change her eating habits then it was on her lol.

OP
Mcleanb7

Mcleanb7

Dec 1, 2014
SC
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Chubbs
He is a year and a half! Yes, most people tell me they've never seen one with his coloring ☺️

OP
Mcleanb7

Mcleanb7

Dec 1, 2014
SC
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Chubbs
My girls vet said she needed to lose weight and I just about fell over. What? I thought her figure 8 was amazing! Said she wanted her to be closer to the weight of 50lbs. So we began our journey of weight loss lol. I began measuring her food rather than free feeding her. Today she is at her weight that the vet wanted and while she is healthier all around she still rocks that pretty girl figure 8 in my eyes. Her breeder shows dogs and was amazed at her muscle structure when she seen her last week. Said she looked really nice and was very pleased at how healthy she is. Vet tech went to pick her up and said omg she is solid which I had to laugh. It was harder on me to change her eating habits then it was on her lol.

wow, 50 seems low, we are shooting for 60!

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
Boo was at 55 when vet said that and she was pointing out about her shape and how it is a lot of weight to carry on her legs ect. She never really exercises and sleeps a lot like most bullies do. So outside of me playing with her i began walking her daily and she is getting better at it. She would much prefer probably sleeping but its good for her. She is use to me measuring her food and her vet said i fed her to much by free feeding her which is why i measure her food always. I couldnt imagine her being to much bigger, i wouldnt be able to pick her up lol, i can barely pick her up now.

OP
Mcleanb7

Mcleanb7

Dec 1, 2014
SC
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Chubbs
Chubbs is back to his starting weight of 68. We have already cut back from 1.5 cups two times a day to 1 cup twice a day. Just started 3/4 cup with 1/2 cup green beans. I try to walk him but I don't think that's helping at all. And I live in SC and I soon won't be able to walk him outside. If this doesn't work, I may switch to another food with a lower protein and fat %.

OP
Mcleanb7

Mcleanb7

Dec 1, 2014
SC
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Chubbs
Chubbs is back to his starting weight of 68. We have already cut back from 1.5 cups two times a day to 1 cup twice a day. Just started 3/4 cup with 1/2 cup green beans. I try to walk him but I don't think that's helping at all. And I live in SC and I soon won't be able to walk him outside. If this doesn't work, I may switch to another food with a lower protein and fat %.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Good plan... Give it about a month to see if he is losing any weight---- good luck

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.