Dog Food Analysis site out of date

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I just checked this website and went through a lot of the reviews. From what I saw the dates of the reviews are from 2005 to 2010! This site is recommended to check foods on this forum. I respectfully suggest that maybe Dog Food Advisor or Whole Dog Journal would be better sources for current reviews. I am not even sure if the website is being monitored at all anymore.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I'm not sure how up to date it is. I know Purina still sucks... that will never change no matter what year it is. I did bring your suggestion to the moderation table though. Thank you.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
As stated within the dog food ratings article:

"Our initial research on dog foods began in April of 2010 and we are continuously adding new foods to our list. If you have a food that is NOT on our list, please send a personal message to bullmama."

I do not know where the information from 2005 comes from- but yes dog food advisor is a GREAT resource and Mike Segman is the one who taught me about how to rate foods and view ingredients, which prompted me to create those articles for other bulldog owners to learn from.

Sorry if I'm taking this personal, but you have no idea how much work I put into that so others could learn from it.

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh my goodness, I didn't mean that at all. I was talking about the website Dog Food Reviews - Main Index - Powered by ReviewPost NOT this forum which is invaluable. I am sorry I was not clear on which website I was talking about and please accept my apologies.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh my goodness, I didn't mean that at all. I was talking about the website Dog Food Reviews - Main Index - Powered by ReviewPost NOT this forum which is invaluable. I am sorry I was not clear on which website I was talking about and please accept my apologies.

Thank you for clarifying that, yes they seem to have stopped grading them, that site was actually once a great place to get ratings.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion

Now that I read it with that in mind....I hear ya. When I read it the first time around it sounded totally different. It's my fault for reading into it wrong and then taking it to the moderation team. My apologies.

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
I should have been more specific! Trust me, I will read, re-read and read again should I ever think about making a suggestion again! I meant no offense.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I should have been more specific! Trust me, I will read, re-read and read again should I ever think about making a suggestion again! I meant no offense.

I think it's great that you make suggestions if you see something you think needs attention:) I know I'm falling behind sometimes on my responsibilities here when life gets in the way:blush2:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Dog Food Advisor is a good site and has current recalls, which is always great to keep track of. It seems as if there has been so many recalls lately, it is always hard to keep up with them.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.