OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
Belle was on a decent food when I got her from her breeder but it was made by Diamond which I wanted to avoid. We tried a big bag of Blue Buffalo Freedom but I haven't been too thrilled with it...she's loosing a lot of hair and I can't tell any real benefit to it. Luckily I found a place fairly local that sells Fromm so I bought a bag yesterday of the Pork and Applesauce. Belle is 10 months old and weighs around 45 lbs. How much do you think she should get a day? If you feed Fromm, what amount does your dog maintain their weight on? Any specific flavors I should avoid?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
When we had Harlea on Fromms she was getting 1 cup twice a day and did very well on it. Pork and Applesauce is a great food and if you don't have the problems with grains as many bullies do then stick with it. If you start to have issues then switch to a grain free blend.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I feed grain free Pork and Peas..... Banks was 9 yrs old and I fed her 1 cup 2x a day. My Frenchie is 3 yrs old and he get 1/2 cup 2x day.

At 10 months, I am thinking 1.5 cups 2x a day until she is a year then drop to 1 cup 2x a day

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We feed Fromms Lamb and Lentil Grain Free. Our guys have allergies to chicken, salmon, beef, corn and grains.
I feed them 1 cup twice a day. Dozer and Blossom also weigh about 45 lbs each. I have been feeding this amount since they were 7 months old and they have stayed the same weight.

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
I feed Fromm's puppy formula in the pink bag to my munchkins. I started off with 4 health (diarrhea central), went to royal canine (ALLERGIESSSS), then Blue Wilderness puppy, which they did fair on, but had bouts of diarrhea occasionally, and their hair was more coarse. After our 2nd bag even Jackson, who felt like a brillo pad, is starting to feel softer.

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Mine had crazy shedding! Like bucket loads and I would comb/brush daily! Tried several FROMMS foods: pork and peas, beef frittata, puppy pink bag...after no improvement, I switched to taste of the wild salmon. He hated it! Then tried totw lamb and sweet potato. OMG, big mistake. Worse shedding and crazy burgundy tear stains and burgundy paws! Then finally someone here pointed out FROMMS lamb and lentil, which is limited ingredient. Went back to FROMMS, Boom! 2 bags later (about 12 weeks), his coat is crazy silky, shiny, and shedding is here and there! I only brush twice per week with very little hair coming off! Im still battling tear stains, but I believe the tears are related to seasonal allergies. I started adding Greek yogurt for both his meals. Give a shot :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
We feed Fromm Pork & Applesauce. 1cup 3 times a day. Lola is 7 months and Floyd is a little under 6 months.

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
I went from Fromms to zignature. Leo's been on it for a few weeks. Is doing well on it. He did well on Fromms pork and peas and lamb and Lentils. He didn't do to well with beef frittata.

Rockabullies

Apr 17, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Life is Sweet "Cannoli"
There are allot of great dog foods out there!
I recommend grain free and rice free. Because rice is high in starch which is converted to sugar in the body, and yeast loves sugar. Yeast creates treat stains, and infections.
You should also check any bag of dry or moist food for a AAFCO (American association of feed control officials) declaration. There is adult maintenance, growth and reproduction, and all life stages(ok for lactating or pregnant dogs).
Hope that helps!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online