Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 33

Thread: New Food

  1. #1
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    brutus77's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    6,962
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)
    2795

    Default New Food

    So I started the boys on The Honest Kitchen tonight. As you all know, Brutus has horrendous allergies. He has chronic ear infections and vomits any dog food except the prescription food he is on now. Well, for the last two weeks he has all but stopped eating. I have to add eggs or hand feed him to get him to finish his food. I have heard others here rave about this food and decided to try it. Of course, I called my Vet before I swtiched anything and he said since it is human grade food to go ahead and try it. since I was switching Brutus, I decided to switch Frankie as well so maybe I could finally have them on the same food. They gobbled it up. Please say a little prayer that Brutus can tolerate this food. It will be so much healthier for him than the RX stuff he eats.
    My smooshy face boy!

  2. #2
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    TyTysmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,512
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)
    6207

    Default Re: New Food

    Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    So I started the boys on The Honest Kitchen tonight. As you all know, Brutus has horrendous allergies. He has chronic ear infections and vomits any dog food except the prescription food he is on now. Well, for the last two weeks he has all but stopped eating. I have to add eggs or hand feed him to get him to finish his food. I have heard others here rave about this food and decided to try it. Of course, I called my Vet before I swtiched anything and he said since it is human grade food to go ahead and try it. since I was switching Brutus, I decided to switch Frankie as well so maybe I could finally have them on the same food. They gobbled it up. Please say a little prayer that Brutus can tolerate this food. It will be so much healthier for him than the RX stuff he eats.


    Which THK one did you end up going with? I've done the base only in Preference and added some kibble, Tyson loved it! (Even though its not the prettiest looking) Saying a prayer for your boys, that this is one that sticks!

    My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

  3. #3
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    brutus77's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    6,962
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)
    2795

    Default Re: New Food

    I started preferred base as well. I added boiled beef on advice from my vet to start. Brutus has done well on it when he has been on a bland diet so I started there. my vet wants him on a novel protein if I stay with it so I think I will put the on the one that comes with the duck added in. Its not too easy to find novel proteins without ordering it from the internet. It is kinda funky looking but they loved it. If Brutus keeps it down, its a go!
    My smooshy face boy!

  4. #4
    Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Location
    The Crown City (Pasadena)
    Posts
    9,013
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    1479
    Blog Entries
    32

    Default Re: New Food

    Good luck with THK, Rosalie. It's great that your boys gobbled up the food...at least you know they like it. This food thing is such a big puzzle to me. I am in the midst of switching proteins at the moment myself.




  5. #5
    Pet Sitter Miss Lola's Avatar
    Real Name
    Leslie
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Maple Ridge
    Posts
    335
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola, Floyd
    Likes (Received)
    79

    Default Re: New Food

    I understand what your going through. Food has been very frustrating for us as well. Allergies for Lola, HUU for Floyd, then a whole bunch of vomiting. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this is the right one for your pups.

  6. #6
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Marine91's Avatar
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Blips and Chitz
    Posts
    8,480
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2586

    Default Re: New Food

    Fingers crossed. Let me know how it goes and if you have any questions you know where to find me.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

  7. #7
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    brutus77's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    6,962
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)
    2795

    Default Re: New Food

    Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    Fingers crossed. Let me know how it goes and if you have any questions you know where to find me.
    Thanks Todd, you have already been such a big help!
    My smooshy face boy!

  8. #8
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bella100's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stacy
    Country
    US
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    2,070
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
    Likes (Received)
    624

    Default Re: New Food

    Oh Rosalie good luck with this im praying sweet brutus can eat this as well keep us posted!!!
    Its so hard being the queen!!!

  9. #9
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: New Food

    I'm glad you're giving this a try, praying it works wonders for your boys! Looking forward to hearing how they do.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  10. #10
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    brutus77's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    6,962
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)
    2795

    Default Re: New Food

    So lately the boys did not want to eat breakfast before 11am. This is from them wanting to eat at 9-10am the latest. and they only ate with stuff to convince them to eat in it. Well this morning I am running around crazy (as usual) getting ready for work, and there is Frankie at 8:30am sitting and waiting by his food bowl! Of course I had to drop everything and feed him and Brutus joined the party and everyone once again gobbled up their yummies!! So far so good. Frank may be passing some but I figured that will even out when they are used to it. Brutus who is food aggressive and usually tries to growl at the other doggies doesn't even take his head out of his bowl!
    My smooshy face boy!

  11. #11
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,732
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5592

    Default Re: New Food

    I hope this works for the boys… let me know what you think, I'm running out of choices for Wally on the Fromm's. This may be an option for him as well.

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  12. #12
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11533

    Default Re: New Food

    Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    So lately the boys did not want to eat breakfast before 11am. This is from them wanting to eat at 9-10am the latest. and they only ate with stuff to convince them to eat in it. Well this morning I am running around crazy (as usual) getting ready for work, and there is Frankie at 8:30am sitting and waiting by his food bowl! Of course I had to drop everything and feed him and Brutus joined the party and everyone once again gobbled up their yummies!! So far so good. Frank may be passing some but I figured that will even out when they are used to it. Brutus who is food aggressive and usually tries to growl at the other doggies doesn't even take his head out of his bowl!
    AWESOME... i so hope this all works out for you --- I have tried it with my two and the LOVE it. I may go the THK when Lambeau is a year old
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •