New EB owner Diet recommendations?

AlishaMarie

Mar 2, 2015
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus (Max)
Hello everyone!

We are picking up our puppy in 2 days. He is 9 weeks old, and his name is Maximus (Max)

We have decided to feed him Taste of the Wild because the breeder is already feeding this brand, and after some research we found that it's a great option.

My question is for supplements.

Should we start yogurt right away or wait until a certain age?
Are there any vitamins or additional supplements we should look into?

Thank you for your help in advance!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN!!

You can do a teaspoon of plain greek yogart and look into NuVet or hardypet supplements

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi and welcome to EBN. Congratulations on your new baby Max. You can start with 1 Tbsp of plain yogurt and see how he does, and if he tolerates it, you can increase the yogurt to 2 Tbsps. I give Blosssom and Dozer 2 Tbsps of yogurt on their morning kibble, they get 1 Tbsp. of apple cider vinegar in their drinking water everyday, I add coconut oil or olive oil to their evening kibble, as well as Kelp. They get fruits like cut up apples, banana, strawberries, blueberries, watermelon, and they get cooked vegetables on their evening kibble like cooked carrots, green beans, broccoli, and. cauliflower.
If you decide to start or use any of these supplements or toppers, it's best to introduce one at a time and for at least a week or two before introducing a new one, this way you will know which one they don't tolerate or have an allergic reaction to. Signs of an allergic reaction are excessive licking, especially of paws, scratching, hives, red goopy eyes, yeast on paws or ears, and diarrhea. You can give Max a Benadryl ( ask your vet what dosage he should have, as he is still young). More severe reactions are swollen eyes, face or throat. See a vet if if he has a more severe reaction. Food allergies don't usually show more severe reactions, but are more likely to be caused from bee stings, insect bites, and chemicals or toxins.

OP
A

AlishaMarie

Mar 2, 2015
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus (Max)
Thank you both for your responses.
I'm looking forward to spoiling this little guy!

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Welcome and congrats on your new pup. Can't wait to see some pictures of him,!!

luvmytuker

Jan 10, 2015
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Congrats!! You are already lucky finding this amazing site! Everyone is so nice and knowledgeable, my bully is almost two and I feed TOTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
A

AlishaMarie

Mar 2, 2015
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus (Max)
I will definitely post some pictures. We get him tomorrow! I can hardly contain myself!
I was able to pick up so greek yogurt, apple cider vinegar, and we have the coconut oil.
Now to find NuVet. I didn't see any at my local pet stores. Might have to order on Amazon.

OP
A

AlishaMarie

Mar 2, 2015
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus (Max)
11017018_10153113472912170_8794653379104309267_n.jpg

That's max. He is great so far.
A picky eater though. Refuses to eat his kibble with any additives. I spoon feed him yogurt as a treat.
Will be looking for Nuvet on Amazon in the next few days.
He responds to his name, knows sit, and paw. (when he feels like it of course.)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
View attachment 84918

That's max. He is great so far.
A picky eater though. Refuses to eat his kibble with any additives. I spoon feed him yogurt as a treat.
Will be looking for Nuvet on Amazon in the next few days.
He responds to his name, knows sit, and paw. (when he feels like it of course.)

What a handsome little guy!! he may need a day to settle so try not to add too many things to his day slowly add / change as he accepts and settles in to his new home.

Also, there is a link here for NuVet if you use that, I think it is free shipping [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] ?

Members online

No members online now.