Switching to TLC Kibble

slowly

Nov 8, 2014
Country
en_Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman
Norman's been on Royal Canine puppy food since he was a baby on recommendation from breeder. Now that he's turning 6 months in the next week we'll be slowly transitioning to TLC brand kibble (also on recommendation from breeder).

Anyone here have their bullies on TLC? My friends lab is also on TLC from recommendation from breeder. Seems like breeders like TLC...

Fromm seems to be highly recommended here and I'm wondering if the two brand would be significantly different in quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Norman's been on Royal Canine puppy food since he was a baby on recommendation from breeder. Now that he's turning 6 months in the next week we'll be slowly transitioning to TLC brand kibble (also on recommendation from breeder).

Anyone here have their bullies on TLC? My friends lab is also on TLC from recommendation from breeder. Seems like breeders like TLC...

Fromm seems to be highly recommended here and I'm wondering if the two brand would be significantly different in quality?

I'm not familiar with TLC, but based on the ingredients, I'd just keep a close eye on him & see how he does on it. Bulldogs tend to have allergies to grains, and chicken, rice, etc. You could always just start & see how he responds. If you start to notice a change in fur, licking, scratching, redness, etc - then you know its something in the food.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fromms is a much higher quality food than most out there. But every bully's different and if TLC works for your baby then it's a great thing, try the grain free if possible. Fromms 4 star label is all grain free and is an all stage food so you could start him on on it now if you wanted. Fromms is also much more expensive then TLC. Good luck! :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Never heard of TLC... is it a Canadian brand?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I'm not familiar with the TLC brand of food, but I did look it up under the Dog Food Ratings for you, and it's listed as a 4 Star so it is a good quality food. My guys were also on Royal Canin from the breeder and he also told me it was a good quality food, but when I checked the ingredients list and didn't like what I saw, it has too many fillers and corn which I knew wasn't very good for dogs. I started researching food brands, which is how I found the EBN site. I have switched foods 4 times before I found a food that both my guys tolerate. My female Blossom is allergic to chicken, salmon, beef, corn and grains. We are currently feeding them Fromm's Lamb and Lentil with good results. It's really trial and error when looking for a food that is a good quality and one that your dog tolerates, as each dog is different. You can never go wrong with a good quality food, and it's a good rule to not buy your dog food from a grocery store or a department store like Walmart, as they usually only carry lower quality pet food brands like Iams, Beneful, and Purina and Ol Roy, which you want to stay away from.

OP
slowly

slowly

Nov 8, 2014
Country
en_Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman
Thanks for all your input! Yes I believe TLC started from Canada but also distributed in the US as well. I will keep Norman on TLC for now and see how it goes.

Most Reactions