Blue Buffalo Wilderness..?

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
OK I'm getting concerned now..Wheezie and Abbott have been on Blue puppy til they were 8 months then we switched to the Chicken and rice adult but quickly switched since bullies don't tolerate it well.They are currently on the Wilderness Salmon .We have had no real issues .But I was researching different foods and on the Consumer Affairs page it was lit up with negative reviews on Blue..Any input from anyone.. I believe it has a 5 star

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Blue has a few versions.... which Blue is the page negative?
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] [MENTION=7457]nycbullymama[/MENTION]

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
It looks like a good food. Why were people giving it negative reviews?

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
A friend of mine recently posted a video on Facebook..he found worms in a brand new bag of blue wilderness grain free bison..the video was pretty nasty and they didn't respond to him other than an apology by email

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
A friend of mine recently posted a video on Facebook..he found worms in a brand new bag of blue wilderness grain free bison..the video was pretty nasty and they didn't respond to him other than an apology by email

Was it expired? Did he take it back to the store. My first thought would be they sold him a very old product.

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
I'll have to go on and read the posts.. It happened about a month ago..I just sent him a message so I'll let you know the details when he gets back to me

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Blue Wilderness is good.

Blue Buffalo has issued a voluntary recall of some of their products (including Wilderness) back in 2010. I always see this as a good sign that they are committed to quality when they recall voluntarily. I started feeding raw a few years ago, so I haven't paid attention to recalls since then.

Having worms on one bag of dog food is usually not a manufacturer's issue. If there is a worm problem with the manufacturer, it will not be present in only one bag - you'll have multiple reports of it. Usually, isolated incidences like this is caused by something in the supply chain - like the bag got snagged during shipment/storage that caused a tiny puncture that then caused moisture and pest to enter the bag ending up in worms.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I used Blue Wilderness for my bullies awhile back… things were going well at first, and then they started having awful gas attacks and loose stools. It was the Blue Buffalo Wilderness… I assumed it was an allergy issue and I switched my bullies to Fromms. Never had a problem like that since...

OP
Christie H

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
I've always read good things about it but the reviews some as early as this month were saying that their dogs had bloody stool and urine, lethargic etc. My thoughts were was it canned or dry and were there other issues going on.. One even said their dog died after eating it.Of course I know not everything online is the Gospel but I'm a bully parent and we may freak out sometimes

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I've always read good things about it but the reviews some as early as this month were saying that their dogs had bloody stool and urine, lethargic etc. My thoughts were was it canned or dry and were there other issues going on.. One even said their dog died after eating it.Of course I know not everything online is the Gospel but I'm a bully parent and we may freak out sometimes

Read www.poisonedpets/bluebuffalo.com

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.