Have you had any experience with Pro Pac performance puppy food? Comments Opinions

osiris20025

Feb 9, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Achilles
I visited an English bulldog breeder here in Nebraska today and their dogs and puppies looked beautiful. A local vet recommended this breeder and he said that he has treated many dogs from this breeder and they all were pretty healthy. He only sees them for regular check ups. So I decided to check out the place today. The adults looked awesome very active muscular and strong. The females also looked great, no signs of health problems but remember this was a 45 minute visit and from what I saw they all looked healthy. We started talking about food and the breeder said he feeds his puppies Pro Pac Performance Puppy and that's the brand he also feeds his older dogs. He mentioned he hasn't had any problems and his dogs love it. Has anybody had any experience with this food brand. Can you share your comments thanks.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I'm sorry I don't have any experience with this food brand, and I had never heard of it, but I did look it up on the Dog Food ratings and the Pro PAC Earthborne Holistic dog food is rated as a 3 Star food which isn't considered the best food, but is not the worst either, but the Pro PAC Puppy dog foods were rated as only a 2 and a 1 Star which wouldn't be a great quality of food. You want to choose a 4 Star food or better, but every dog is different in what they tolerate or what works best for them. My dogs have allergies, Blossom is allergic to chicken, salmon, beef and grains, and Dozer does not do well on beef or Go Natural, he gets very gassy, he has runny soft poops and he sheds, I have had to switch their foods 4 times before I found a brand and protein source that they both tolerate. I am currently feeding them Fromm's Lamb and Lentil, and Blossom does wonderful on this food, and Dozer doesn't shed anymore and his poops are great, but he still licks his paws sometimes which is a sign of allergies, but it's not bad, and Fromm's is a good quality food so because I'm limited in the protein source I can use, I stick with the Fromm's Lamb. I give them natural supplements like plain unsweetened yogurt, apple cider vinegar and kelp and coconut oil to help boost their immune systems.

English Bulldog News Forums - Dog Food Ratings at English Bulldog News

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Monica gave you great info..... I also have never heard of the food brand

OP
osiris20025

osiris20025

Feb 9, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Achilles
Hi, I'm sorry I don't have any experience with this food brand, and I had never heard of it, but I did look it up on the Dog Food ratings and the Pro PAC Earthborne Holistic dog food is rated as a 3 Star food which isn't considered the best food, but is not the worst either, but the Pro PAC Puppy dog foods were rated as only a 2 and a 1 Star which wouldn't be a great quality of food. You want to choose a 4 Star food or better, but every dog is different in what they tolerate or what works best for them. My dogs have allergies, Blossom is allergic to chicken, salmon, beef and grains, and Dozer does not do well on beef or Go Natural, he gets very gassy, he has runny soft poops and he sheds, I have had to switch their foods 4 times before I found a brand and protein source that they both tolerate. I am currently feeding them Fromm's Lamb and Lentil, and Blossom does wonderful on this food, and Dozer doesn't shed anymore and his poops are great, but he still licks his paws sometimes which is a sign of allergies, but it's not bad, and Fromm's is a good quality food so because I'm limited in the protein source I can use, I stick with the Fromm's Lamb. I give them natural supplements like plain unsweetened yogurt, apple cider vinegar and kelp and coconut oil to help boost their immune systems.

English Bulldog News Forums - Dog Food Ratings at English Bulldog News

Thank you Monica for the great info! The breeder said he would give me a bag to try out but I dont know if ill give it to my dog. I am thinking about trying Blue- Wilderness because of the great reviews it has. A friend of mine also feeds it to his bully and hasnt had any problems.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
My breeder also gave us two pails of Royal Canin when we took our guys home, this is what he feeds his dogs, but I knew from the ingredients list, and the corn and fillers in this brand that it wasn't the best food. That's when I started researching dog food and found EBN. Royal Canin is also listed as a 3 Star food. We switched to Fromm's and have great results on it. My brother feeds his Golden Retreiver Blue Buffalo with excellent results. It is rated as an excellent food, so as long as your dog tolerates the protein source you can't go wrong. A lot of bullies are allergic or sensitive to chicken and also salmon, but every dog is different. It's really trial and error to find which food works for you and your dog.

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
I don't have any experience with this brand either. We were given Eukanuba Puppy Formula when we first brought Goob home from the breeder. It never crossed my mind that this food wasn't the greatest. We got him from a GREAT breeder, she sent us home with this food, so what could be wrong? It wasn't until 3 year later that we learned that this food was NOT good for him or his health.

When he was about 3 he started to refuse his food no matter what I put in it. I thought it was him being stubborn and at first I thought, "if he is hungry, he will eat it, I AM THE BOSS!" But after doing some research, I realized that this food was horribly rated and FULL of fillers. I don't eat junk food daily and asked myself why would I continue to feed Goob junk food now that I know better??? I switched him to Merrick Grain Free Real Texas Beef and he is in love! He can barely wait until I put the bowl down.

My only suggestion is research and buy him the best food you can afford. If you discover he as allergies, then the process of elimination begins. I wish I would have known more about dog food ingredients when Goob was a puppy but...we made the change and we're happy we did.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online