question....

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
so, Saban was double our new babies age when we got him and other than saban we have had bostons. My question is at 7 weeks old how much food should I be feeding him? He scarfs down as much or as little as I will give him, no questions ask. The lady I got him from said she let her dogs eat when they want which I can't and won't do. any help is appreciated

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
We brought Belly home at just under 8 weeks of age and the vet said 1/4 cup 3 times a day. But someone else might have a different amount. I also had pumpkin and a little cottage cheese in her's

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
When we first got Jozi she was 7 weeks old, and on Imas. She was eating 2/3
of a cup 3 times a day of it. That was what they recommended
feeding her. So that is what we fed her. Now she is on Taste of The Wild.
At 11 weeks old she is getting 1 cup three times a day. This is by the
guidline on the bag as well. The suggested serving is just a guideline
you can adjust up or down as you see a need to. But I stick close to it
and it has worked for Jozi so far.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Depending on the food you are giving. Mine was on puppy chow and the breeder had him at 1 C 3x a day. I started to change him over to a higher quality food right away and fed him 1C 2x a day so he wouldn't get overweight. I then changed him to 1 1/2 C 2x a day per my vet's instructions (he was 7 months old). He is on a grain free food so he can eat more and not gain the weight. I would consult with your vet too. Another thing you can try and some say to do is put her food out but leave it for only 15 minutes and what is there take back up to give to her at the next feeding time. Now if she is anything like mine, the food is gone in 10 seconds anyway, :p

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
According to the recommendations on the bag of Chicken Soup Large Breed Puppy, it says 1 1/4 to 2 cups from 6 weeks to 16 weeks for a pup under 10lbs, and it of course goes up from there.

Maybe start with 3 times a day, 1/3 cup and slowly increase?

OP
Luvin My Bullie

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
not even sure if its a good food or not, but he seems to love it. we received a puppy starter kit with him and it had a lil measuring cup in it.....and yes we were feeding him double what he should have...oops!:angel: so tonight I cut him back to 1/4 cup...it was gone in the blink of an eye and I don't think he was too happy with me, but I don't want him to get fat, he's already a chubby puppy:eek::luv:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Maybe try a slow feed bowl. It really works for our baby Bella. We started with the Stainless Steel one that has a big hump in the middle, but now have the plastic molded one with the 4 individual sections. I am so glad we got one, it is like night and day.

Also if you got a puppy pack and do not know what kind of food is in it, make sure you have enough to get through a very slow process of switching to what you want to use. It is very important that you switch slowing ie; 1/4 of change every 2-3 days. So plan now before you switch foods. A lot of the good brands (see our food ratings on the home page) will not have a different type for puppies, it is for any age.
Good luck

Last edited:

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Guinness is going on 13 weeks old and he gets 1 3/4 cups total daily (3/4 cup am, 1/2 lunch and 1/2 dinner)...guidelines on the bag say 1 cup minimum with 2 cups max daily...He is fed Fromm Puppy Gold..I tried the slow feed bowl with him and he wasn't having any of it...had to switch back to normal bowl

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Daddy came with a puppy food that I had never heard of. We had Maggie on Fromm 4* which is an all-stages food. So we started to slowly introduce the Fromm to him, increasing the amount every three days. I believe it took us 2 weeks total before he was fully on Fromm. At that point he was on 1 cup of Fromm twice a day.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.