Fromm Beef Fritata not gaining weight.

Elliryx

Oct 28, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
TINY
Hi, I have a 7 months old english bulldog he is about 33 lbs now, we've been feeding him with Fromm Beef fritata for 3 months now and he only gained about 5-6 lbs since switching and we are feeding him 1.5 Cups (2 times per day). Should I change his food?

Thanks

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Although many people here use Fromm, and it is an excellent food choice-it sounds to me like you are not giving your Tiny enough food. [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] others will be by to offer their suggestions.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
what is his energy level like.... if it is high, you may need to increase his food intake

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Hi, I have a 7 months old english bulldog he is about 33 lbs now, we've been feeding him with Fromm Beef fritata for 3 months now and he only gained about 5-6 lbs since switching and we are feeding him 1.5 Cups (2 times per day). Should I change his food?

Thanks

That is 3 cups a day, sounds sufficient to me. We would love to a see pictures of TINY. Perhaps he is just built to be small. Nothing wrong with that so long as he is healthy. Bulldogs come in different sizes.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Winnie is 7 months old and weighs 34 pounds, but she is really not gaining weight nearly as fast as she did. By 7 months, I think they all slow down.

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
The boys are 10 months old and we still feed them Fromm Puppy in the Pink bags and they are doing great. I plan to keep them on it for at least a year. DavidH told me the protein or fat or something in the pink bag keeps the pups in line. Drank too many beers grilling on the green egg. Damn good steak. Email DavidH. Ralphie

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Some bullies are naturally smaller then others. What does your pup look like when you stand over top of them looking straight down? Does he have a nice hourglass shape?

My Harlea will be 2 in a few month and is only 35lbs soaking wet and aside from allergies she is very health and energetic.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sounds like he is getting enough food, and as others have said, some sre just smaller than others. He should still grow some, and once he gets two years old, that's when he will start to fill out and widen out. Bullies don't really stop growing until they are around 3 years of age.

Staff online

Members online