TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hello :)

Has anyone had any experience with Fromms Gold Weight Mgmt? Tyson has tried the Pork/Peas, and Lamb/Lentil, both are seeming to give him the itches, and his face get red, along with licking of his paws.

He did well on bland chicken/rice and I noticed the Fromms Weight Mgmt is chicken/rice based. We are supplementing with Green Beans, just wanted to see if anyone did well on this particular brand since he's slighlty overweight and we want to get him down just for health benefits. If the Gold line is not the best, I noticed their Whitefish is also low in calories for weight loss.... just debating.

Lastly, if we decide to try this Gold version, is it the same as the 4 star line where we don't have to transition? Or since its a different line, we need to transition? Any help would be awesome! @bullmama @2BullyMama - have either of you tried any of above?

Also looking into Honest Kitchen??
Thanks All!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Honest Kitchen --- Todd [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] has had great success with it and Harlea!

I think the Gold weight mgmt, you'll have to do the slow transistion a it is not in the 4 star line. I have not tried it as I was lucky and Banks did well as long as I avoided her sensitivites (salmon, chicken and white potato)

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Honest Kitchen --- Todd @Marine91 has had great success with it and Harlea!

I think the Gold weight mgmt, you'll have to do the slow transistion a it is not in the 4 star line. I have not tried it as I was lucky and Banks did well as long as I avoided her sensitivites (salmon, chicken and white potato)

Thanks! [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] Is Harlea still on THK? Honestly, I'm tired of the mess of trying food after food, while Tyson was recovering from surgery he was on bland chicken/rice and he seemed to do great (not itchy, red, etc) as soon as we started to transition him back onto kibble, the redness started again in his face, and the itchy paws. I hate hate to have him on meds. I know part can be environmental, but I wanted to see your results on THK, especially since we've locally in the same city.... any feedback would be great. I'm going to order some samples of the Force now... Tyson loves all food, he's never turned his nose up to anything so I know that's not the issue. I just want the redness, etc to be calmed - poor guy never catches a break!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yes. Harlea is still on THK. She has been doing great on it except when we try a protein that doesn't agree with her. She was on Fromms from the day that we got her until she got MRSA and all of the sudden became allergic to most proteins. For use their customer service has been top notch and if you give them a call they will send you some samples. The down side is it is a little less expensive than commercial RAW, but you have more control with less waste. However, when you factor in fewer vet visits and meds it is all a wash.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yes. Harlea is still on THK. She has been doing great on it except when we try a protein that doesn't agree with her. She was on Fromms from the day that we got her until she got MRSA and all of the sudden became allergic to most proteins. For use their customer service has been top notch and if you give them a call they will send you some samples. The down side is it is a little less expensive than commercial RAW, but you have more control with less waste. However, when you factor in fewer vet visits and meds it is all a wash.

Thanks for the feedback. Honestly the price doesn't matter if it means he's not suffering. I just hate trying to decide what to do. I don't know if I should give Fromms another try on a different flavor or try THK. I appreciate the quick reply!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
If you try it you will want to use one of the three base mixes they have as you control what animal proteins they get as well as the quantity.. We are currently using the Preference base.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
If you try it you will want to use one of the three base mixes they have as you control what animal proteins they get as well as the quantity.. We are currently using the Preference base.

I'm going to get some samples of the Preference & add in some boiled chicken. Did you transition them with adding kibble at first then slowly off?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yes we did a transition at first. However, when we change proteins now we don't as she usually has Boar for breakfast and kangaroo or elk for dinner.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yes we did a transition at first. However, when we change proteins now we don't as she usually has Boar for breakfast and kangaroo or elk for dinner.

May I ask where you are buying her protein from? We were told Kangaroo was good for dogs with allergies.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Sprouts or one of the many exotic meat markets around town. For us the venison and elk we get is usually from my friends that have extra from their hunts.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Sprouts or one of the many exotic meat markets around town. For us the venison and elk we get is usually from my friends that have extra from their hunts.

THANK YOU! We have a Sprouts less than a mile away! I just ordered the samples, we'll see how it goes. How long did it take before you saw a change in Harlea?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.