is my dog too skinny

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
I agree! I think he looks good! [MENTION=1256]mommymystro[/MENTION] what part of Ontario do you live?? I am in Windsor.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
[MENTION=1656]kiss1069[/MENTION], what kind of snakes do you breed?

[MENTION=1256]mommymystro[/MENTION], he looks perfect. like everyone else has said, it's good to keep them lean because it is so much better for their overall health. when mine were pups they were lanky too, his chest will fill out as he gets closer to a year old. just watch for ribs and for anything out of the ordinary like listlessness. then see your vet.

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
wish I could start a thread like this about Guinness but he is a fat ***; mystro looks healthy to me, oh and wicked cute too!

kiss1069

Dec 30, 2010
Amarillo,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Coda
sheila im currently working with ball pythons and green tree pythons will be my next project as well as blood pythons...thought about getting into the larger snakes but i truly dont have the space for them at the moment so thats something that will have to wait at least another year. I have looked into Gaboon vipers which to me are some of the most beautiful but venomous snakes and thats also a project for later>.<

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I think on average...puppies are to gain about 1 pound a week (once they are at the toddler stage) So, 4 pounds a month is right. Also..don't judge by weight...but more by looks. If your bulldog's ribs show like the knuckles (fisted) on the back of your hand, they are too skinny. If you can't see any definition, just pudge...they are too chunky. There should be a little showing. Don't let him get too big...because too much weight will hurt them in the long run. These guys are heavy enough on their little legs...and their breathing is one thing that will end up suffering from excess weight.

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
I am so happy I am not the only one worried about this topic. Roxi is 8 1/2 months old and she weighs about 37 lbs. She LOVES to play and is extremely active:lol: but when she gets Zzzz I think she could fall asleep standing up. :heart:
She gets 3/4 cups of Nature's Logic, twice a day and some pumpkin at least 3 days a week. Sometimes she looks soooo skinny :( and sometimes she looks "plump" :eek:
IMG_0612[1].jpgIMG_0628[1].jpgIMG_0630[1].jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0584[1].jpg
    IMG_0584[1].jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0631[1].jpg
    IMG_0631[1].jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Roxie looks similar to HRH VERY defined, but not rib sticking out skinny. HRH weighs 40 lbs, Just two pounds more was too much for her, a couple months ago, we had to get her some low fat treats.

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
i too have a small EB, its not as uncommon as you would think. Samson is just under 6 months old nd weighin in at 28 pounds.

@RoxiBear wow, i hope this is exactly what samson looks like at that age.. i want him to stay healthy and live a long life. As long as no ribs are sticking out, and no spine or hips i would say the dog is healthy :) Sometimes its important not to jump on the chunky Eb bandwagen haha

[MENTION=1217]Lacey28[/MENTION] i didnt notice you were from windsor! im from chatham! do you ever come here? lol...i know if you live in windsor why would you come to chatham right? lol just thought id ask haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
[MENTION=2106]mbuxx[/MENTION] Thank you very much! She may be smaller but she is a little firecracker and full of personality! I completely agree with you though- I want her to be around as long as possible and even though the "plump" bullies are adorable I like my Roxi just the way she is. Samson is quite the cutie!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.