Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: is my dog too skinny

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: is my dog too skinny

My girls are eight months old and I wish they weren't so chunky! I think your boy looks great! I give my girls a cup of food twice a day, I quit doing three feedings at about 3 months old with them.

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Welcome @mommymystro I think he looks adora-bull in his photo and as everybody else has said - there is no sign of ribs, he seems to have a defined shape and looks healthy. What food is he on? You can go to the link for food dog ratings to see where each food is.

Maggie is 3 and a little butterball at 35lbs - she is a perfect weight for her. Daddy will be 6 months soon, and is 36lb but he is all long and lean with lanky legs and huge paws! We've currently got him on 1 3/4 cups of Fromm twice a day with added yogurt, shredded carrot, frozen blueberries, frozen green beans, banana, cucumber chunks and baby carrots either given to him as a topping to his Fromm or as treats.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

He looks absolutely perfect! What a handsome boy!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

I agree! I think he looks good! @mommymystro what part of Ontario do you live?? I am in Windsor.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

@kiss1069, what kind of snakes do you breed?

@mommymystro, he looks perfect. like everyone else has said, it's good to keep them lean because it is so much better for their overall health. when mine were pups they were lanky too, his chest will fill out as he gets closer to a year old. just watch for ribs and for anything out of the ordinary like listlessness. then see your vet.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Mystro
    Likes (Received)

i am in kingston

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guinness
    Likes (Received)

wish I could start a thread like this about Guinness but he is a fat ***; mystro looks healthy to me, oh and wicked cute too!

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member kiss1069's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Coda
    Likes (Received)

sheila im currently working with ball pythons and green tree pythons will be my next project as well as blood pythons...thought about getting into the larger snakes but i truly dont have the space for them at the moment so thats something that will have to wait at least another year. I have looked into Gaboon vipers which to me are some of the most beautiful but venomous snakes and thats also a project for later>.<

"So Let It Be Written"

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I think on average...puppies are to gain about 1 pound a week (once they are at the toddler stage) So, 4 pounds a month is right. Also..don't judge by weight...but more by looks. If your bulldog's ribs show like the knuckles (fisted) on the back of your hand, they are too skinny. If you can't see any definition, just pudge...they are too chunky. There should be a little showing. Don't let him get too big...because too much weight will hurt them in the long run. These guys are heavy enough on their little legs...and their breathing is one thing that will end up suffering from excess weight.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Roxi Bear
    Likes (Received)

I am so happy I am not the only one worried about this topic. Roxi is 8 1/2 months old and she weighs about 37 lbs. She LOVES to play and is extremely active but when she gets I think she could fall asleep standing up.
    She gets 3/4 cups of Nature's Logic, twice a day and some pumpkin at least 3 days a week. Sometimes she looks soooo skinny and sometimes she looks "plump"
    -img_0612-1-jpg-img_0628-1-jpg-img_0630-1-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0584-1-jpg   -img_0631-1-jpg  
    Last edited by RoxiBear; 03-16-2011 at 01:34 AM.

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Roxie looks similar to HRH VERY defined, but not rib sticking out skinny. HRH weighs 40 lbs, Just two pounds more was too much for her, a couple months ago, we had to get her some low fat treats.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)

i too have a small EB, its not as uncommon as you would think. Samson is just under 6 months old nd weighin in at 28 pounds.

@RoxiBear wow, i hope this is exactly what samson looks like at that age.. i want him to stay healthy and live a long life. As long as no ribs are sticking out, and no spine or hips i would say the dog is healthy Sometimes its important not to jump on the chunky Eb bandwagen haha

@Lacey28 i didnt notice you were from windsor! im from chatham! do you ever come here? lol...i know if you live in windsor why would you come to chatham right? lol just thought id ask haha.
    Last edited by kazzy220; 03-30-2011 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Fixed the tag

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads