KarriK

Jul 27, 2014
League city, texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fiona
We got our first Bully baby Fiona in June 2014. She is now 10 months old and 53 pounds! She has been doing really good up until just recently. She has started having really bad tear stains for the first time and she is really congested. The vet said its seasonal allergies. We got our 2nd bully baby Rufus a few weeks ago. He is 3 months old. He has tear stains too and has been eating up a storm but not gaining weight. So we decided since he was on a Purina food, and Fiona had such bad tear stains that we would try another food. Fiona has been on Holistic select for large breeds. We switched them to Zignature turkey. No grains. Rufus is doing wonderful on the new food mix (starting out slow with small amount) but Fiona is so gassy since we started her on it. You really do need a gas mask when she is around. Our guests walk in and wrinkle their noses at the smell! She otherwise is fine. When I spoke to the pet store owner, she said keep her on it a while longer but give her pumpkin. Is this what I should be doing? I don't want to keep her on it if it's not the right thing to do! They have only been on it it a week, and a small amount. I hate to think what will happen if I increase what she gets....or maybe I should be doing that? I don't know what to do....has anyone else experienced this? Should I wait until it warms up again to see if the tear stains go away? We are in Houston Tx and it's been very cold (the tears stains started about the time when the weather changed from hot to cold).

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It could be the turkey... heck it does it to humans why not dog? But, I would try plain greek yogurt, just a tablespoon in her food and see that helps. Not pumpkin, pumpkin helps with poo form not gas.... it is probiotics that she needs to help with the gas.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I started sprinkling a probiotic called Fortiflora on Winnie's food every morning. She had bad gas before that and now she hardly ever has gas. I get it at Chewy.com in a big box and it comes out to a little more than 1/2 of the price I would pay at the vet. I have heard of pumpkin firming up stools, but not helping gas.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.