Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When to switch from puppy to adult food?

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: When to switch from puppy to adult food?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrys Mom View Post
    I would transition from their puppy to adult lines.

Directly from their page:

Can I rotate foods?

"We created the Four-Star Nutritionals line of products specifically to provide variety and encourage rotation. Each recipe is designed to be complimentary, and after transitioning to Fromm, many customers have success rotating between Four-Star recipes and even our other lines including Fromm Gold andFromm Classic.

Finding the right food for your pet is sometimes trial and error. One of the benefits of Fromm's interchangeable lines is the ability to switch seamlessly to new recipes should you or your pet become unsatisfied with a particular entrée. However, all pets are different, and some pets have more sensitive stomachs which may prevent them from enjoying a particular recipe or a rotational diet. Other pets are more robust and require no transition period between recipes. It's really up to you and your pet how much rotation you would like to incorporate into their diet."
    I've not seen this, thank you! I always transition from puppy to four star, and it goes very well. Last time I was nearly out of puppy food so it was a very fast transition, with no problems. Only over a 2 day period. So I'm guessing while a transition is needed, it doesn't have to be a very long one as they still have many similar ingredients between the different lines.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Potty Trainer
    Country
    en_US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Levi
    Likes (Received)

Thank you all!! I appreciate everyone's advice! Sooo thankful for this website!!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    matilda
    Likes (Received)

I've been reading all the Fromm's dog food stuff which sounds actually pretty yummy. But..... How do know which would work best. A lot are feeding the lamb and lentils or pork and peas? How do you know which to choose. Other than major tear stains and a little gas I've noticed lately her chin gets red at times. Is that normal? I have so many questions lol. One at a time though. Thanks in advance for your replies and assistance

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I've been reading all the Fromm's dog food stuff which sounds actually pretty yummy. But..... How do know which would work best. A lot are feeding the lamb and lentils or pork and peas? How do you know which to choose. Other than major tear stains and a little gas I've noticed lately her chin gets red at times. Is that normal? I have so many questions lol. One at a time though. Thanks in advance for your replies and assistance
    For me, I knew my girls allergies so I had to get something without chicken, salmon or white potato --- I started with Beef Friatta even though it had white potato because I could not use the others (chicken or salmon in them). She did well, but when Pork and Peas was introsuce... I jumped on it and she did wonderful
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog Vet in Training 2bulldogsstuff's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Logan and Brett
    Likes (Received)

The breeder where I got Brett from started feeding him adult dog food already and he just turned 4 mos old. So I just stayed with that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads