Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] I would look for one without any additives. The one that I use is made of white cabbage, carrots and sea salt, nothing else.

I'll look, that may be hard to find here. Probably at the organic food store if anywhere!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks! I ordered the regular nuvet yesterday and its already shipped! I think I'll start one at a time since we're in a weird phase with him right now. I will also pick up the green beans this weekend from costco to start giving to him once he's off the bland diet. I am also going to look into the SK like [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] suggested.

Good idea, always best to wait at least a week between adding new things :up:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'll look, that may be hard to find here. Probably at the organic food store if anywhere!

You can make it yourself too....

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] - I found some sauerkraut at whole foods, it has only cabbage & salt. How much should I start with? Tyson's been real funny lately after the vomiting spells he had. And he's doing this weird smacking with his mouth only at night, it doesn't last long...and he drools while doing it so I think his tummy is off :(
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] I also got him the green beans today! Hope they keep him full.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Start with a small amount, maybe just a teaspoon at first. It has a very stong taste too, so it could be he doesn't like it, so gradually increase the dose up to 3oz per meal. It sounds like he has heartburn.

@RiiSi - I found some sauerkraut at whole foods, it has only cabbage & salt. How much should I start with? Tyson's been real funny lately after the vomiting spells he had. And he's doing this weird smacking with his mouth only at night, it doesn't last long...and he drools while doing it so I think his tummy is off :(
@bullmama I also got him the green beans today! Hope they keep him full.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Start with a small amount, maybe just a teaspoon at first. It has a very stong taste too, so it could be he doesn't like it, so gradually increase the dose up to 3oz per meal. It sounds like he has heartburn.

If it is heartburn, will the sauerkraut help? I'm so sad of seeing him not be himself.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Let us know how his diet goes, I sure hope these will help him! Paws crossed!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
So the benefit to sauerkraut is similar to apple cider vinegar? With the added bonus of fiber?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online