OpieRay

Aug 19, 2014
Nevada
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
Hello all!
I tried finding a thread on this matter but couldn't really locate one. If you know of one please direct me there!!

We started feeding Opie a bit more food with each meal. We felt like he was always very hungry and we weren't feeding him enough. But since we upped his food he has had diarrhea at night. Is this something that anyone has experienced with their dog when adding more food? We of course are going back to the amount we were feeding.

Thank you in advance

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I will look to see if we have a thread concerning this but YES if your baby is getting diarrhea that is an indication that he is getting too much food. For example Fromm's recommend that Wally (10 mos) get 2 1/2 to 3 cups a food per day. I give him 2 cups per day, but then I offer him several snacks during the day. I give him grain-free doggie treats, bananas, apple chunks, peanut butter (tsp only), frozen green beans, etc… I will find a thread that will give you some ideas on other great snacks that they can have.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...-dog-food-and-nutrition/35612-am-feeding.html
English Bulldog News Forums - Why Does My Bulldog Puppy Have Diarrhea?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I agree with Tracey. It is a good sign that he is getting too much. My Harlea get 1 cup twice a day as well and if she gets anymore than that she has explosive :poo:. She also get fruit and veggie treats throughout the day.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Tracey has you covered...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agree with above! If it doesn't resolve right away, let us know and check the diarrhea article out for other reasons or possibilities.

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Every single time we try to up Lola's food because she also acts like she is starving she ends up with diarrhea and we go back to the same amount. We have also started giving the pups some fruit throughout the day.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online