Thread: Puppy changing food

Country
    Us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Noony
    Likes (Received)

Default Puppy changing food

HI I just got an 6 months old EB Noony,this is my 1st puppy in my life. At first the pet store give me the Eukanuba Excel Chicken Puppy Food, everything goes very well. and then i go to the store they said they dont sale Eukanuba anymore ,they suggest me to use Blue Buffalo Chicken & Brown Rice Puppy Food,after she eats that she began to fart a lot,and poop is very soft.i talk to my Vet he said she is ok just changing the food .but right now is already 2 weeks the poop is still very soft,i saw here everyone use Fromm,i just bought a small bag of Fromm Gold Holistic Puppy Dry Dog Food,she just got it one day but it is softer than before ,i dont know what should i do .please give me some advise thanks

s
    -noony-jpg

Real Name
    Leslie
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola, Floyd
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Puppy changing food

Could you be giving her too much food? My pup was having the same issue and once we had ruled out worms or other medical issues, I started giving her a little less and her poop firmed right up. I have slowly been able to increase the amount. Also switching the food too fast could be a problem, did you do a slow transition or cold turkey?

Real Name
    Judi
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubs
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Metaljoe;561003]HI I just got an 6 months old EB Noony,this is my 1st puppy in my life. At first the pet store give me the Eukanuba Excel Chicken Puppy Food, everything goes very well. and then i go to the store they said they dont sale Eukanuba anymore ,they suggest me to use Blue Buffalo Chicken & Brown Rice Puppy Food,after she eats that she began to fart a lot,and poop is very soft.i talk to my Vet he said she is ok just changing the food .but right now is already 2 weeks the poop is still very soft,i saw here everyone use Fromm,i just bought a small bag of Fromm Gold Holistic Puppy Dry Dog Food,she just got it one day but it is softer than before ,i dont know what should i do .please give me some advise thanks

s
    -noony-jpgcould be changing food too quickly, it should take about two weeks to transisition. Also it could be the chicken in the food, I had the same problem with tubs with farts and loose stools until I stopped with any food with any chicken so read ingredients

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

Did you slowly chage food--mixing the old food with the new--gradually adding more new food and less of the old? I changed Winnie's food like that and poop was still soft. I added Fortiflora, which is a powdered probiotic to her food once a day and the poop firmed up. My vet carries Fortiflora, but I got it way cheaper at Chewy.com.

Country
    Us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Noony
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Lola View Post
    Could you be giving her too much food? My pup was having the same issue and once we had ruled out worms or other medical issues, I started giving her a little less and her poop firmed right up. I have slowly been able to increase the amount. Also switching the food too fast could be a problem, did you do a slow transition or cold turkey?
    i stopped giving her Blue for 3 days ,only give her rice and chicken it works well,but when i change back to Blue its start fart and soft again.i did the transition from old food to blue like a week ,but the old food runs out so only have the blue after that.

Country
    Us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Noony
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=jrm4810;561039]
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaljoe View Post
    HI I just got an 6 months old EB Noony,this is my 1st puppy in my life. At first the pet store give me the Eukanuba Excel Chicken Puppy Food, everything goes very well. and then i go to the store they said they dont sale Eukanuba anymore ,they suggest me to use Blue Buffalo Chicken & Brown Rice Puppy Food,after she eats that she began to fart a lot,and poop is very soft.i talk to my Vet he said she is ok just changing the food .but right now is already 2 weeks the poop is still very soft,i saw here everyone use Fromm,i just bought a small bag of Fromm Gold Holistic Puppy Dry Dog Food,she just got it one day but it is softer than before ,i dont know what should i do .please give me some advise thanks

s
    ould be changing food too quickly, it should take about two weeks to transisition. Also it could be the chicken in the food, I had the same problem with tubs with farts and loose stools until I stopped with any food with any chicken so read ingredients
    but i try to giver her cooked chicken she is doing well but when change back to blue its still not working

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donnam View Post
    Did you slowly chage food--mixing the old food with the new--gradually adding more new food and less of the old? I changed Winnie's food like that and poop was still soft. I added Fortiflora, which is a powdered probiotic to her food once a day and the poop firmed up. My vet carries Fortiflora, but I got it way cheaper at Chewy.com.
    thanks ill try it

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

yes... slow transition over 8-10 days... you can also add a teaspoon of plain yogurt to help
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Remove Ads