Help Needed! Puppy changing food

Metaljoe

Dec 12, 2014
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Noony
HI I just got an 6 months old EB Noony,this is my 1st puppy in my life. At first the pet store give me the Eukanuba Excel Chicken Puppy Food, everything goes very well. and then i go to the store they said they dont sale Eukanuba anymore ,they suggest me to use Blue Buffalo Chicken & Brown Rice Puppy Food,after she eats that she began to fart a lot,and poop is very soft.i talk to my Vet he said she is ok just changing the food .but right now is already 2 weeks the poop is still very soft,i saw here everyone use Fromm,i just bought a small bag of Fromm Gold Holistic Puppy Dry Dog Food,she just got it one day but it is softer than before ,i dont know what should i do .please give me some advise thanks

s
noony.jpg

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Could you be giving her too much food? My pup was having the same issue and once we had ruled out worms or other medical issues, I started giving her a little less and her poop firmed right up. I have slowly been able to increase the amount. Also switching the food too fast could be a problem, did you do a slow transition or cold turkey?

jrm4810

Jun 16, 2013
Ocean County NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
HI I just got an 6 months old EB Noony,this is my 1st puppy in my life. At first the pet store give me the Eukanuba Excel Chicken Puppy Food, everything goes very well. and then i go to the store they said they dont sale Eukanuba anymore ,they suggest me to use Blue Buffalo Chicken & Brown Rice Puppy Food,after she eats that she began to fart a lot,and poop is very soft.i talk to my Vet he said she is ok just changing the food .but right now is already 2 weeks the poop is still very soft,i saw here everyone use Fromm,i just bought a small bag of Fromm Gold Holistic Puppy Dry Dog Food,she just got it one day but it is softer than before ,i dont know what should i do .please give me some advise thanks

s
View attachment 81671could be changing food too quickly, it should take about two weeks to transisition. Also it could be the chicken in the food, I had the same problem with tubs with farts and loose stools until I stopped with any food with any chicken so read ingredients

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Did you slowly chage food--mixing the old food with the new--gradually adding more new food and less of the old? I changed Winnie's food like that and poop was still soft. I added Fortiflora, which is a powdered probiotic to her food once a day and the poop firmed up. My vet carries Fortiflora, but I got it way cheaper at Chewy.com.

OP
M

Metaljoe

Dec 12, 2014
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Noony
Could you be giving her too much food? My pup was having the same issue and once we had ruled out worms or other medical issues, I started giving her a little less and her poop firmed right up. I have slowly been able to increase the amount. Also switching the food too fast could be a problem, did you do a slow transition or cold turkey?

i stopped giving her Blue for 3 days ,only give her rice and chicken it works well,but when i change back to Blue its start fart and soft again.i did the transition from old food to blue like a week ,but the old food runs out so only have the blue after that.

OP
M

Metaljoe

Dec 12, 2014
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Noony

s
ould be changing food too quickly, it should take about two weeks to transisition. Also it could be the chicken in the food, I had the same problem with tubs with farts and loose stools until I stopped with any food with any chicken so read ingredients

but i try to giver her cooked chicken she is doing well but when change back to blue its still not working

- - - Updated - - -

Did you slowly chage food--mixing the old food with the new--gradually adding more new food and less of the old? I changed Winnie's food like that and poop was still soft. I added Fortiflora, which is a powdered probiotic to her food once a day and the poop firmed up. My vet carries Fortiflora, but I got it way cheaper at Chewy.com.

thanks ill try it

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
yes... slow transition over 8-10 days... you can also add a teaspoon of plain yogurt to help

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.