rfbucu

Oct 21, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster
I got Buster when he was pretty close to 6 months old. Ever since I brought him home, I was never able to give him water by bowl. I would have to get a water bottle and pierce a hole through the cap and squirt it in his mouth.

When he does try to drink from a bowl. About 5-10 minutes later he ends up vomiting a white color looks like phlegm with a little but of food.

Now that it's raining, when I walk him he likes to try and drink puddle water. I tried to keep his head up the whole time walking him. He ended up drinking some puddle water and right before we walked into the house he vomited the same white phlegm.

Anyone know what could be causing this? Or why he can't drink from a bowl.

Thanks Guys!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Have you had a good bully vet check his soft palate to make sure it is not too long?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agree with David... have his palate checked

OP
R

rfbucu

Oct 21, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster
Haven't had that checked out yet! Thanks for the info guys!!!!

OP
R

rfbucu

Oct 21, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster
I was able to get in touch with the breeder that I bought Buster from. She said that she was always able to give him a full bowl of water and never had problems!!! I remember seeing his bowls when we go to the house. She mentioned that we could possibly be giving to much food at feedings. She said that she gave him small portions 3x a day. I give him 1 cup, 3x a day and when he drinks water during eating or right after he eating, he vomits. Should I wait to give him water when he is finished eating? He is only 8 months old.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.