JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I think I need to switch Sally over to a senior food (she's 8.5 years). Overall she's been doing great on Fromm Beef Frittata and Pork and Peas, but this past week she has been throwing up her food quite a bit. Her stools have been both firm and solid. I think her tummy is just getting sensitive.

So.......what dry grainfree senior foods would anyone recommend? I see a senior food in Fromm's line (Gold Senior) but it's chicken and not grain free. I may give it a try though for her.

She hasn't eaten since yesterday morning and she puked 4 times yesterday and did a complete walk around the backyard last night licking at the air. My thoughts on that is that's what she does before she gets sick, which she did. She also keeps her head up real high when doing it. Poor thing.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=10319]jeannie[/MENTION] I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions, but hoping your girl will be okay! My Maude sometimes licks the air when she has an itch that she can not reach.
Have you tried giving her something like Pepcid, Pepto Bismol-or....?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mustang Sally is 8 1/2!! That's awesome, have you tried Pepto?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I think I need to switch Sally over to a senior food (she's 8.5 years). Overall she's been doing great on Fromm Beef Frittata and Pork and Peas, but this past week she has been throwing up her food quite a bit. Her stools have been both firm and solid. I think her tummy is just getting sensitive.

So.......what dry grainfree senior foods would anyone recommend? I see a senior food in Fromm's line (Gold Senior) but it's chicken and not grain free. I may give it a try though for her.

She hasn't eaten since yesterday morning and she puked 4 times yesterday and did a complete walk around the backyard last night licking at the air. My thoughts on that is that's what she does before she gets sick, which she did. She also keeps her head up real high when doing it. Poor thing.

Holy crap, you just explained Banks to a 't' the last couple of weeks..... poo is firm then soft then firm... random throwing up and licking air sporadically. She just turned 9 in September, I wonder if that is the issue??? Gonna ask our vet at her appointment on the 19th

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
No pepto when she's licking as she won't eat it, I tried tumms too. Notta. When she likes like this, she gets all frosty at the chin and throws up every time.
@2BullyMama, I really thick her tummy might be getting more sensitive due to age. That's interesting that Banks is like that too. Hard to believe she's 9 already.
[MENTION=6717]dolphin[/MENTION] hard to believe we've had her 1.5 years already huh? We can only guess at her age though, so she could be a bit older. Other than that she's doing great. She was just outside sunbathing and rolling around on her back, lol

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
If you guys figure out anything, let me know… I'm looking for a new food for Roxie (she's 10). I put her on that raw fresh pet food from PetCo… she's been on Earthborne for a couple of years now, and then all of the sudden horrid gas and loose stools. I'm at my wits end...

She also just started thyroid meds, so I didn't want to rock the boat so to speak…

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Jeannie we tried the FROMM Senior, on BeBe and Lucy and after about a month they started itching, so we went back to the Game Bird.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jeannie we tried the FROMM Senior, on BeBe and Lucy and after about a month they started itching, so we went back to the Game Bird.

Good to know. I went ahead and started her on that Fromm Senior this evening and she gobbled it up. But then she hadn't eaten since yesterday morning. I'll keep a close on her and report back on how she does on it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online