Chubbs is officially on Fromms but...

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
I just realized something yesterday. With him only being 4 months old is this okay or should he still be on puppy food?????
Or a mix???? :sos::facepalm2:
Thanks in advance.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Which food is it? Most Fromm is all stages food so you are probably fine

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Fromms rep mentioned that they recommend a pup under 8 months be on their puppy food then switch apparently there are supplements and other nutritional ingredients only found in their puppy food needed for development

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Like Christine said, if it is an all stages food, you will be fine. If not just go to a Fromms that is all stages.

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
[MENTION=11086]schimpfy[/MENTION] [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] According to the Fromms' site, he should be on the Gold Large breed puppy. Ahhhh, so confusing. :facepalm2:

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
My Breeder who has been doing this for 25 years plus my vet told us Bulldogs should never be on puppy food. Puppy food encourages growth and they already grow so fast that it can lead to a lot of health issues down the road. He has raised so many healthy dogs into old age that I can't but take his word. Also we have a vet that has a lot of Bulldog experience.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@schimpfy @brutus77 @2BullyMama According to the Fromms' site, he should be on the Gold Large breed puppy. Ahhhh, so confusing. :facepalm2:

If you want call the Fromm customers service they are fantastic.... [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] can also give some insight. I think it is fine with the all stages, but you need to do what you are comfortable with.

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
My Breeder who has been doing this for 25 years plus my vet told us Bulldogs should never be on puppy food. Puppy food encourages growth and they already grow so fast that it can lead to a lot of health issues down the road. He has raised so many healthy dogs into old age that I can't but take his word. Also we have a vet that has a lot of Bulldog experience.

Huh, much different than what my breeder told us. According to the copyright of our breeder, she's only been doing this for 2 years. But that just seems a little short. On another note, the only vet in my area that I've 'found' to have the most experience with bullies is the one who stopped into my work last week (checking on his creds because it was very odd what he did for me.)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I used the large breed puppy formula until Blue was 6 months. It has less fat/cals than the regular puppy formula, and about the same as the all stage food.

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
I was told the opposite, I was told that if you feed adult dog food to a puppy that it could cause the puppy to grow to quickly resulting in deformities of their bones. My male had a paw that was turned out was 10 mths old and both the breeder and I had the same vet, which is why we both were their together because I wanted to know more about why his front right paw was turned out to the side as it was. She ask the breeder what kind of food she fed him and she responded saying Nutro lamb & rice adult, but she also had many EBDs and had bred for many many yrs. My vet said they should always eat puppy food because of the things puppy food has in it for puppies growth. It didn't affect my male dog as far as playing or anything other than visual. She told both of us that puppies need to always be on puppy food until it is time to change over to adult food and if you didn't know when the change should take place that a vet would be able to tell you when. Good luck and have a blessed day.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
All FROMM 4 star foods are an all stage food, so you can keep you baby on that. We feed our pups FROMM Puppy Gold in the pink bag until around 7 months of age then switch over to the 4 star. We had one pup that at the age of 4 months had allergies to the puppy, so we switched her to the 4 star Game bird and she cleared right up.

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
[MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] [MENTION=6717]dolphin[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] Thanks! [MENTION=13028]boo boo butts mom[/MENTION] Interesting, I was told the opposite.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online