Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi everyone, I've been struggling with allergies with Blossom since day one, she is allergic to chicken, salmon, beef?, corn and grains, we switched her food 4 times before trying Fromm's Beef Fritatta, which we were feeding both Dozer and blossom for the past 2 years. This past summer Dozer who never had shown any allergy symptoms started showing signs like excessive paw licking, goopy eyes, soft poops, and he was shedding like crazy. I wondered if being on the same protein and same kibble for 2 years may have caused an intolerance? I switched them to Fromm's Lamb and Lentil about 4 months ago, and Dozer improved a lot, but he still has wet eyes, and is licking his paws, but not like before, and the excessive shedding stopped. I used to home cook some of their meals, but haven't done it in a while. I was at Global Pets yesterday and bought a bag of Fromm's, and I was talking to the owner who feeds raw to his two dogs. I talked to him about my issues with allergies, and he talked to me about Canine Life Complete Muffins, and their Adult Dog Health Food Pre Mix. It is a all natural premix powder that you mix with vegetables, meat, red apple, egg, oil, water and bake in muffin tins.
It says it's good for dogs that suffer from IBD, Diabetes, Urinary Ph levels, Calcium oxalate or struck the crystals, kidney or liver issues, Pancreatitis, Mega esophagus, Food allergies, Colitis, Anal Gland Problems, Gluten intolerance, Cancer, and Picky Eaters. I bought the bag of mix, and all the Ingredients to make the home cooked dog muffins, and am going to try it, to see if it makes a difference with their allergy symptoms. Is anyone else familiar with this product? Has anyone tried this or use this food mix? If you do, how do you like it? Any information would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to make a batch of the muffins and I will try it for a few weeks and I'll post an update on how their doing.

Here is the information sheets that came with the mix, what do you guys think

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 106

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Are you making a "meatless muffin"? Or are you adding your own protein?

My thoughts, there's a on of similar products available, they're just all marketed differently. Honest Kitchen is another one, but it's already cooked, just add water. This one is baked into a muffin- good idea.

If you're trying to save time, then this product is as good as any out there. Won't hurt to try it at least.

Monica, have you considered that Blossom may just have environmental allergies? I know with Blue, we tried just about every protein, cooked and raw but nothing worked. When we finally did allergy testing, it turns out it's environmental.
And right now, allergies are the worst. Even dogs that don't normally exhibit symptoms are having a hard time this season.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Ellie, Thanks that was my thought too it can't hurt to try and see if a limited ingredient and home cooked food will improve their symptoms. I never thought about their symptoms being environmental though, but totally possible. I guess we'll have to wait and see after we have our first cold snap or snowfall to see if the symptoms improve. If the change in season and the food change doesn't show improvements or make a difference, then I'll talk to the vet about allergy testing.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Ellie, Thanks that was my thought too it can't hurt to try and see if a limited ingredient and home cooked food will improve their symptoms. I never thought about their symptoms being environmental though, but totally possible. I guess we'll have to wait and see after we have our first cold snap or snowfall to see if the symptoms improve. If the change in season and the food change doesn't show improvements or make a difference, then I'll talk to the vet about allergy testing.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.