Salmon Breath

bscarpenter

Mar 2, 2011
We have always been pleased with Fromm 4 star. For a long time, we fed our pups Fromm Salmon al a Veg, but i got fed up with fish breath. So we switched to Fromm Lamb and Lentil. We have recently been to the vet battling a chronic ear infection with Meatball. After a culture, the vet put her on an 8 week course of antibiotics that get inserted into her ear. After the treatment was over the vet suggested that the chronic ear condition could be the result of allergy and asked me about food. I went back to my past orders at Petflow and found that about 3 weeks before the 1st ear infection I switched from the Salmon food to the Lamb food. Soooooo I need to switch back. Does anyone have any advice on dealing with fish breath? Is there something I can give the dogs to eat to mitigate the bad breath? Is there a different type of fish based food that doesn't smell? It's not un-livable, but I'd rather not have a strong smell of fish on their breath. As always thanks in advance for any advice or guidance.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I use Taste of the Wild Pacific Salmon. I also give them a little before bed, with two tablespoons of plain active culture yogurt. None of my dogs have fish, or bad breath.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Yes, that is the food they are eating. [MENTION=1933]bscarpenter[/MENTION]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
B

bscarpenter

Mar 2, 2011
So, I called Petflow to return my unused bag of Fromm Lamb & Lentil and they suggested Natural Balance L-I-D as a good single protein source food. The gentleman suggested I try Sweet Potato and Venison. Anyone have any experience with this brand & type of food?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So, I called Petflow to return my unused bag of Fromm Lamb & Lentil and they suggested Natural Balance L-I-D as a good single protein source food. The gentleman suggested I try Sweet Potato and Venison. Anyone have any experience with this brand & type of food?

There are a few members that use Natural Balance, but of course, I can not totally remember user names. You might want to start a new thread with that food in the title asking for feedback.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.