Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fruits and Veggies

Doggie Boutique Owner Angelgirl's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
    Likes (Received)

Default Fruits and Veggies

What kinds of fruits and veggies are ok to give to Bullies? Belly loves frozen greenbeans. I think it helps with her teething. I'd like to have a wide variety so she doesn't get bored with the same old stuff.
    "A bulldog is like a potato chip, you can never have just one"

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Fruits and Veggies

I also give my bullies carrots and apples.....they them!! Be sure to stay away from onions and grapes.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

yep anything except onions, grapes and raisins. I keep frozen lima beans and green beans on hand and fresh baby carrots are another fav. Bananas are good, slices of any fruit you eat for he most part so long as it is in moderation. My boys love apples, oranges, pears, blueberries, etc... Too much may cause a problem so dont go crazy. haha

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Linus won't eat ANYTHING related to fruit or veggie but I've had really good luck with Truman and bananas - he loves them and they have lots of nutrients good for bullies. I have had less luck with carrots, which he seems to chew but not eat therefore, I find carrot pieces everywhere for the next week.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Bella loves carrots and blueberries. In fact when she was a little puppy we rolled them down the hall and she would run after them, if we did more than one she had a great time trying to decide which one to go after. Of course we have hardwood floors so it made it much easier.

My question is this. Are radishes okay? Bella knows which door in the frig I keep the carrots, if she hears it open she goes nuts. Well I am out of carrots but I love radishes. Tonight I went to get a couple and she cried and whined thinking I had carrots. So I gave her a radish. It took her much longer to finish!

Always with me

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

My boys eat every fruit we eat except grapes and raisins. They also eat every vegetable except onions.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

So far Gertie and Ida eat every fruit and veggie I've given them. They love bananas, strawberries, shredded carrots, frozen green beans. I've made them stew with all kinds of veggies and they get leftover vetetables after we eat dinner. I'm going to get them some blueberries and apples.

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
    Likes (Received)

I gave Ireland some green beans tonight and she LOVED them... Im going to try her on some other things in the next few days. I want to take it slow incase she has a reaction to something..

Doggie Boutique Owner Angelgirl's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the ideas everyone! Gonna pick up a few things and see what the little one will like. Frozen blueberries sound good. The little beaver is chewing on everything in the house right now...
    "A bulldog is like a potato chip, you can never have just one"

My Auggie is such a goofball! He will only eat ONE variety of apple (Macoun) and will spit out every other apple. He acts like I'm trying to poison him if I offer him a bit of banana. BUT he LOVES cucumbers and brussel sprouts. I'm telling you: cookoo!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruno and Bunker
    Likes (Received)

I have given both Bruno and Bunker cucumbers...they love them. I am starting to try new things one at a time, because I am scared of an allergic reaction. I'm sure I am being way overly cautious, but I have made one trip to the emergency vet, and don't want a bill like that again!

The next thing I am going to try with them is canned pumpkin. A lot of people on here say that it is really good for them.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

We give our bullies ... frozen green beans, frozen blueberries, fresh baby carrots and whole carrots (takes them a lot longer to eat!), fresh cucumber and fresh banana.

Have yet to try them on apple but as so many people on here seem to use them, then maybe that will be the next thing on the list to add to their treats!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads