Help Needed! No appetite for food in the morning --> vomiting due to empty stomach

OP
M

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION], thanks for the brewer's yeast and vinegar rinse info! We dipped her paws in ACV after the last bath but you are right that we should get some regular white vinegar for this and a post-bath rinse. We will start at the next bath. Yes, our little girl is white with spots and it's easy to see pink or red spots through her fur. I hope that regulating her immune system and getting her on the right food (fingers crossed) will keep any allergies at bay. She is doing much better on her ketoconazole course and with regular medicated baths but we still have a ways to go, especially with her paws and facial folds!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Your welcome Hun, it can take up to a month to notice any benefits or improvements from a food change, and new supplements. I also forgot to mention to you, that when you are adding all these new supplements, or whenever you add or try a new treat, or food like fruits and vegetables, always add one at a time by themselves, and for a whole week, before adding another new one, this way you will know right away which new food or supplement wasn't tolerated or which one caused an allergic reaction, then you won't have to guess which one, and can just eliminate the one that caused a reaction. If after a week, you don't see any reactions or allergy symptoms, then add the next new treat, or supplement and so on.

OP
M

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] -- thanks for the great reminder! I guess it's easy to get overzealous in my efforts to improve our girl's health. But slow and steady wins the race so we will stick with the ACV for now (I still cannot believe she is taking it with her food and asking for more!) and try other options later. Am very eager to see if she will try the Brewer's yeast but if all goes well that can be our food project for next month.

Daphnee

Apr 7, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
daphnee
We do California Natural Products.. Miss Daphnee is on the Kangaroo and Lentil, and does great... We also use canned pumpkin at times as well... We'll give her kibble before she goes to bed as well.. She is VERY OCD, and has her routine, so things are great when they work...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.