new puppy food/poop advise

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
You absolutely don't need it for a bulldog. All life stage is perfectly fine.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
bullet just got back from vet, came back healthy , no parasites , so looks like just a dog food issue :) going to do the rice and hamburger thing tonight untill her poops harden back up :)

great news.
good luck, and keep us updated.

OP
B

bulletsparents

Sep 26, 2014
Country
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
bullet
thanks for the great advice .. just curious are their any benifits eating the puppy food over the life stage

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] I don't think there is any benefits?

We switched Buster from Eukanuba puppy crap over to Fromms Beef Frihaha and he's turned out to be a good looking chap

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
They're all very similar. The large breed puppy formula has slightly less calories, than the all stage and regular puppy formula, and I was told had additional supplements to support joint health.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
My thing with Blue was, I didn't want him growing too fast. I know growing pups need additional cals and such, but there's a fine line between how fast they grow, and joint disease in this breed. So I erred on the side of caution and decided to give him less cals in the end. Was scared a growth spurt would contribute to hip dysplasia. BUT, that's just me. I would never tell anyone to feed their pups less. A growing dog needs to eat! I just chose a kibble with less cals.

OP
B

bulletsparents

Sep 26, 2014
Country
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
bullet
Well, as my husband said before we took bullet in and everything looked great until we got the results back from his poo, she has hook worms.......gah!!!! What is the scoop on these things, the vet said we don't have anyway of getting it, but after reading up on it I am confused??? Bullets Mama........

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well, as my husband said before we took bullet in and everything looked great until we got the results back from his poo, she has hook worms.......gah!!!! What is the scoop on these things, the vet said we don't have anyway of getting it, but after reading up on it I am confused??? Bullets Mama........

UGH... hookworm!? Not contqgious to humans, I believe, but did they give you a dewormer?

OP
B

bulletsparents

Sep 26, 2014
Country
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
bullet
yes she's on a dewormer for 2 weeks and then have a follow up visit

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
B

bulletsparents

Sep 26, 2014
Country
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
bullet
How much should my English bulldog weigh? I have read so many different numbers........

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
How much should my English bulldog weigh? I have read so many different numbers........

they are all different... you really want to pay attention to how they are shaped -- you want a good defined waistline.

My girl is 9 yrs old and is 62lbs.... my boy never went over 58lbs

OP
B

bulletsparents

Sep 26, 2014
Country
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
bullet
ok, wasn't sure. My girl is almost ten weeks and is 11.4

OP
B

bulletsparents

Sep 26, 2014
Country
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
bullet
back from vet on Saturday and she is now 15 pounds!! Still feeding her the same amount nothing changed and now at 15!!! Its like she work up the next day and has more wrinkles!!! Everywhere!! lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.