Poll: What kind of food do you feed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you feed Dry Kibble, Canned, Raw/Cooked Meat or some of all?

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Do you feed Dry Kibble, Canned, Raw/Cooked Meat or some of all?

I was wondering what type of food you feed your dog, not just the brand. I have been giving mine a scoop of canned with their dry and I notice they just love it!

I also add a spoon of organic pumpkin and a bit of salmon oil. My dogs look so healthy now, we are very pleased!

Let us know what you feed, and if you add other foods or items as well...
    Last edited by Bulldogg; 05-14-2010 at 12:12 PM.
    aka "Bullpapa DeLano" on facebook

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sadie
    Likes (Received)

I'm big on giving "toppers" on dry kibble. I use either canned food, or if we have extra meat in the freezer that we aren't going to use it gets cooked for the dogs. I also like to make cooked veggies for them as well.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chester
    Likes (Received)

When you say the pumpkin and salmon oil.. do you do this with every meal? We feed twice daily. What exactly do you think this does for them? I know you said healthy looking, but what exactly? We feed just dry food.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Almost every meal, the salmon oil is for the skin and coat. The pumpkin (or even plain yogurt) helps with digestion. Just a spoonful of it.
    Just as yogurt helps humans, it also helps doggies too! Pumpkin has loads of fiber and vitamin A.

I used to think this type of feeding was "spoiling", but now I know it is good for them

First and foremost though is a high quality dog food!
    aka "Bullpapa DeLano" on facebook

Bulldog(s) Names
    Chloe & Lily
    Likes (Received)

I give a scoop of dry Kibble (Royal Canine for Bulldogs) in the morning and a scoop of dry kibble topped with 1/3 of a can of gravy styled can food. I have 3 dogs so I divide one can three ways. They love it and remind me every morning and evening when it is time to eat!

I'm getting my rescue bullie tomorrow and she eats Canidae--all natural dry food. Its a very good food for dogs that have skin allergies.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Samson gets a scoop of Natural Balance Sweet Potato and Salmon kibble in the morning, dry and plain. Then his evening scoop is mixed with a big spoon full of the Wellness 95% canned Salmon and some salmon oil. Has helped alot with his allergies.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tilly
    Likes (Received)

Tilly gets 2 cups of Natrual Balance Sweet Potato and Fish which she picks through throughout the day.

Hello, after several types we now feed ours costco (chicken ) dry w/canned they do love it. They look great . Vet says to keep doing what is working . Where do you get your pumpkin from as I live in phx ? Would like to try ?

You mean I'm supposed to feed my dog?

Well, I'm just kidding but I've only had him for 2 weeks and 3 days so I'm not set with the food thing yet but I am about to give him a sweet potato and cooked carrots as his afternoon munch. I got him and he came from a great breeder but he stunk so he's on acidophilus once a day. The vet gave me a list of dog adult food. I don't want to buy him adult dog food though. Royal Canine for Bulldogs is what I will use. I really like the salmon oil/pumpkin oil. Is there even a slight chance that they might not shed as much when taking that? (crosses her fingers behind her back). My boy is just 16 weeks old. All his teeth show but to give him adult food (though high quality) I just don't feel comfortable with yet.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

We free feed our boys so they just get the dry food in their bowl and then they get veggie snacks throughout the day along with their fish oil pills which they also think are great cookies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads