Do you feed Dry Kibble, Canned, Raw/Cooked Meat or some of all?

What kind of food do you feed?

• Dry kibble only

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Dry kibble & canned

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Dry kibble and raw or cooked meat

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Canned only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canned and raw or cooked meat

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Dry kibble, Canned & Raw or cooked meat

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
I was wondering what type of food you feed your dog, not just the brand. I have been giving mine a scoop of canned with their dry and I notice they just love it!

I also add a spoon of organic pumpkin and a bit of salmon oil. My dogs look so healthy now, we are very pleased!

Let us know what you feed, and if you add other foods or items as well...

Last edited:

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
I'm big on giving "toppers" on dry kibble. I use either canned food, or if we have extra meat in the freezer that we aren't going to use it gets cooked for the dogs. I also like to make cooked veggies for them as well.

Attachments

• IMG_2615.jpg
    IMG_2615.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 135

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
When you say the pumpkin and salmon oil.. do you do this with every meal? We feed twice daily. What exactly do you think this does for them? I know you said healthy looking, but what exactly? We feed just dry food.

OP
Bulldogg

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
Almost every meal, the salmon oil is for the skin and coat. The pumpkin (or even plain yogurt) helps with digestion. Just a spoonful of it.
Just as yogurt helps humans, it also helps doggies too! Pumpkin has loads of fiber and vitamin A.

I used to think this type of feeding was "spoiling", but now I know it is good for them :)

First and foremost though is a high quality dog food!

Miche1020

Apr 11, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Chloe & Lily
I give a scoop of dry Kibble (Royal Canine for Bulldogs) in the morning and a scoop of dry kibble topped with 1/3 of a can of gravy styled can food. I have 3 dogs so I divide one can three ways. They love it and remind me every morning and evening when it is time to eat!

Corinne0022

May 14, 2010
I'm getting my rescue bullie tomorrow and she eats Canidae--all natural dry food. Its a very good food for dogs that have skin allergies.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Samson gets a scoop of Natural Balance Sweet Potato and Salmon kibble in the morning, dry and plain. Then his evening scoop is mixed with a big spoon full of the Wellness 95% canned Salmon and some salmon oil. Has helped alot with his allergies.

Jenni0109

Apr 30, 2010
Lithia, Fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tilly
Tilly gets 2 cups of Natrual Balance Sweet Potato and Fish which she picks through throughout the day.

emangan

May 21, 2010
Hello, after several types we now feed ours costco (chicken ) dry w/canned they do love it. They look great . Vet says to keep doing what is working . Where do you get your pumpkin from as I live in phx ? Would like to try ?

Attachments

• IMG_1512.JPG
    IMG_1512.JPG
    538.5 KB · Views: 144

karina

Feb 3, 2010
Well, I'm just kidding but I've only had him for 2 weeks and 3 days so I'm not set with the food thing yet but I am about to give him a sweet potato and cooked carrots as his afternoon munch. I got him and he came from a great breeder but he stunk so he's on acidophilus once a day. The vet gave me a list of dog adult food. I don't want to buy him adult dog food though. Royal Canine for Bulldogs is what I will use. I really like the salmon oil/pumpkin oil. Is there even a slight chance that they might not shed as much when taking that? (crosses her fingers behind her back). My boy is just 16 weeks old. All his teeth show but to give him adult food (though high quality) I just don't feel comfortable with yet.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
We free feed our boys so they just get the dry food in their bowl and then they get veggie snacks throughout the day along with their fish oil pills which they also think are great cookies. :)

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
Our boy gets kibble. He wont eat table scraps which I am thankful for..... I have tried cooking him chicken and rice he wont eat it. He is stuck on his kibble. He wont even eat can food,

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Our boy gets kibble. He wont eat table scraps which I am thankful for..... I have tried cooking him chicken and rice he wont eat it. He is stuck on his kibble. He wont even eat can food,

OMG!! I wonder what that's like? My bulldogs are always looking for stuff to put in their mouths. They love string cheese. If you have one and are not sharing, you are marked for life. They can hear the seperation of the packaging from upstairs and down the hall WITH the door closed. I couldn't imagine the ability to free feed. Vegas once knocked over the container in which we stored his weeks rations in. He literally ate 7 cups of food while we were at work. I called the vet to ask what I should do, his poor belly was so huge! The vet asked me if Vegas looked sick/nauseated/or uncomfortable.........I told him "no, in fact he was watching his father eat hoping to get the last bite" The vet said he should be fine if he was still begging for food AND he was.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
OMG!! I wonder what that's like? My bulldogs are always looking for stuff to put in their mouths. They love string cheese. If you have one and are not sharing, you are marked for life. They can hear the seperation of the packaging from upstairs and down the hall WITH the door closed. I couldn't imagine the ability to free feed. Vegas once knocked over the container in which we stored his weeks rations in. He literally ate 7 cups of food while we were at work. I called the vet to ask what I should do, his poor belly was so huge! The vet asked me if Vegas looked sick/nauseated/or uncomfortable.........I told him "no, in fact he was watching his father eat hoping to get the last bite" The vet said he should be fine if he was still begging for food AND he was.

That is funny you say that about string cheese, my boys know before you even start to open it up also, Drives my husband nuts. ;) Now we have our 18 month old 2 legger who also wants some so you almost need to pieces of string cheese if you want 1. Same with bananas, which I wasnt aware that actually made a noise when being peeled but apparently has its own distinct sound. When I ask my daughter if she is ready to eat the only 2 excited and ready are the boys who are already sitting around the high chair. :p

The only reason we free feed now is because when we first got Cutty he wouldnt hardly eat, being out of his element and all, so we just left the food down for him and thats how he started. Mugsy was just always around the food that way and knows nothing else. They even share a bowl which is nice.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.