Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
So I supplement Petunia's dry kibble (Fromm's Pork and Applesauce-soon to be Fromm's Lamb and Lentil) with a tablespoon of Merrick's 96% Grain Free Real Beef + Lamb + Buffalo. I have noticed that after she eats there are always little white flecks that are left over in the bowl. Not a lot of them and they are pretty small and very hard. Am wondering what that might be? I bit into one and could not break it in half or crush it. Could it be bone? I am a little worried about what it is.

Merrick is made in America. The ingredients say they use 'deboned' meat so I am wondering what the little white flecks that are left over could be.

Has anyone had this experience with Merrick?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Is the canned wet food of Merrick's that u are referring to, Alix? I have tried Merrick's canned food b4 but never noticed any white specks. You should call the company...usually there's a toll free number on the packaging. I do know they are a very good dog food but i'm curious to know what those white specks are too.

OP
Valentine215

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Is the canned wet food of Merrick's that u are referring to, Alix? I have tried Merrick's canned food b4 but never noticed any white specks. You should call the company...usually there's a toll free number on the packaging. I do know they are a very good dog food but i'm curious to know what those white specks are too.

Yes it's the wet food I am referring to. I get it sent to me via Petflow but am thinking of switching to either a Fromm grain-free canned or to FreshPet Vital Grain Free Turkey as the wet portion.

I think I will call and find out what it is. Meanwhile any feedback regarding thoughts about what the white flecks are and if my suggestions about what wet foods to switch to are ok.
Vital® Grain Free Turkey Dog Food Recipe with Spinach, Cranberries, & Blueberries - See more at: http://freshpet.com/products/vitalgrainfreeturkeyrecipe/#sthash.wn2cwnuN.dpuf

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I've never heard or tried Vital foods before. I've tried several canned foods that I use as "toppers"; Natural Balance, Merrick, Nature's Variety Instinct, and I just bought some Lotus cans yesterday. I don't use the wet food often, only as an occasional change of pace/treat for them or if we're going on a trip and it's just easier to carry the cans.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
No idea what it could be..
Just want to mention something that was once pointed out to me (here i think) - just because it's made in America, doesn't mean they source their ingredients in America. Who knows where their beef, buffalo or lamb come from. That's something you would need to ask them.

I'd try opening another can of it and see if has the same substance. I'd also email a pic, and call to ask them what it it. Until I found out, I wouldn't feed it.

OP
Valentine215

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
I hadn't considered that the ingredients may not be American. It reminded me if the melamine that was found in dog food and treats made in China. Will need to take a pic and call Merrick ASAP!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.