How fast does your bully eat?

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Lola takes her time but Brodie eats so so fast. It is actually funny to watch because he looks like a maniac eating. I have never seen something like that. He also always acts like he is hungryall the time...is it because he eats to fast? He is done by the time Lola puts her face in the bowl to eat! I have pulled the bowl away from him but he gets so frantic. Also, last night before it was time to feed him he was licking the floor all the way around the island (which is where we feed them) and licking the darn garbage can. The bag says to feed him 3 - 4 cups (i think that is right if my memory is correct) and I feed him 1 1/2 cups twice a day. Is that not enough? I don't want to starve him but I also think he would eat all day. :confused:

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Ruggles inhales his food in less than 1 minute; Mack chews his food and he is usually done in about 4 minutes. Both boys, and the other 4 Bulldogs we have had in the past, are always hungry. We feed them twice a day.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
2bulliefamily: We are on the same wave-lenght today!! I posted nearly the same question 7 minutes before you did! You know what they say about "great minds"! I was also concerned about not giving them enough. I have been feeding the girls 1 1/4 cup for breakfast and 1 cup for dinner and everyone seemed to think that was more than enough. So if Brodie gets 1 1/2 cup twice a day, he can't be as starved as he acts.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Gracie eats with relish, and gets quite excited at mealtime. But she ALWAYS leaves a few pieces of food in her bowl. She gets a cup morning and evening. Her morning cup gets mixed with some yogurt currently because she was on antibiotics last week.

OP
2bulliefamily

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
[MENTION=881]Gertie's Mom[/MENTION] that was funny! I laughed out loud at work (whoops :bust:). I am just glad I am not in that boat alone! Well hate it for Brodie...he is not getting anymore food. I gave him a little more tonight and he was still done before Lola and he sits and stares at her, like she is going to leave some behind.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
[MENTION=1505]2bulliefamily[/MENTION] I was feeding Bear 1 cup 2x a day until he was about 7 months and the vet told me to up it by 1 cup so he gets 1 1/2 cups 2x a day. He inhales like Vegas, lmao.

This was before i got the slow feeder YouTube - Bear the bulldog is hungry
He'd go crazy eating his food it would go all over the floor. That is the only thing that slowed him down. Ok solution, throw the food all over the floor so he has to go hoover it up.

OP
2bulliefamily

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
[MENTION=676]mammyglicks[/MENTION] that was funny....Brodie gets it everywhere too. They are like a vaccum.

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
Look for Omega Pet Portion Balls...they are great, you put them in the food dish on top of the food and it will slow them down.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Belly inhales also and sometimes sounds like she's choking on it. When she see's me get out the cup for food, she is literally screaming at me to hurry up and she's only 10 weeks old. We keep the dog food in a plastic garbage can with a foot pedal to open the lid and I hear her out there every once in awhile pressing on the foot petal to try and get the lid to open... little stinker is too smart for her own good! Wish she'd be that smart about going outside to pee...

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Lastnight Jozi was about 1 1/2 hours
behind schedule on getting fed. I put
her bowl down and walked back into
the kitchen. Was my glass out, fixed
a coke. Looked down there is lilmiss
Jozi standin there.

I told her she better go eat. Then walked
back into the dinning room where her bowl
is. It was CLEAN!!! Like I had taken metal
polish to it.

So after reading all that the answer is
FAST!!!

OP
2bulliefamily

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
[MENTION=490]reallyrob[/MENTION] thanks for the tip going to google it now. I will try anything to help him slow down.

[MENTION=1652]Angelgirl[/MENTION] glad you said where you keep the food...i was going to get one a petsmart but thought i would try to find something less expensive to keep it in. Never thought of that and how great is that!

[MENTION=1621]bfletch13[/MENTION] they scarf it down and then they come back and look at you like, "was that it?"

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Silva inhales her food once she wants to eat it, I feed her every morning but she doesnt eat until 7-8 pm, she has always been like that! :crazy: bully!

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
[MENTION=1505]2bulliefamily[/MENTION] We had mice several years ago when someone moved into the vacant house next door. I went to Wal Mart and got one of those skinny garbage cans. It's worked for us and super cheap. NOw glad I have it cause "hoover, the eat anything off the floor machine" is always on the prowl for something to put into her mouth.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online