Orange poop on Fromm Pork & Peas

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
When I found this website my boys were both eating purina one (I know, I know) and I was researching grain free diets to try to clear up their multiple skin and allergy issues..Fatso has allergies and Romeo lost a patch of hair from flank allopecia that never grew back..then I started wellness brand which didn't seem to help any issues but Romeo started having lots of loose stools..we are now on our second bag of fromms pork and peas and nothing is cured as of yet but wow they look shiny and are barely shedding..but they are pooping a lot and it's very orangey?? Anyone else have this happen? Fatso's ear allergies just started again this week but I'm pretty sure it's not food related now..but overall they look really good right now thanks to all the tricks I learned on this site!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Re: FAQ: What do you feed your bulldog?

but they are pooping a lot and it's very orangey??!

could be feeding too much --- how old and how much food do you give at each feeding? [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] ?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

could be feeding too much --- how old and how much food do you give at each feeding? [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] ?

Thats a possibility. Orangey colored means not as digested I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Julzz9170

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo

[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] since they started grain free they are down to 1 measured cup 2x a day..they used to get 1 1/2 cups 2x a day when they were on the other food..their poop also is a stronger dinstinguishale odor now

OP
Julzz9170

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo

And they are 3 yrs and 5 yrs

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

And they are 3 yrs and 5 yrs

Do both of them have orange poop? I wouldn't think that would be too much food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Julzz9170

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo

[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] yes they both have orange poop and it definitely started in July when I switched to the fromms..it's more solid than it has been which is good..Romeo usually goes about 2-3x when we walk and usually it would go from solid to runny by the 3x but not anymore

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

@bullmama yes they both have orange poop and it definitely started in July when I switched to the fromms..it's more solid than it has been which is good..Romeo usually goes about 2-3x when we walk and usually it would go from solid to runny by the 3x but not anymore

so they both go only once a day now? Banks has an orange 'tint' to her poo (she is on PnP too), but nothing extreme... it is ALL orange or just some of it ?

OP
Julzz9170

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo

No they are still going multiple times but all solid and all orange..it's not bright orange like when I give them sweet potato but it's def an orange color..where before on the other food it was much darker..but like I said everything else looks good so I'm not overly concerned..should I be?? Lol

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

No they are still going multiple times but all solid and all orange..it's not bright orange like when I give them sweet potato but it's def an orange color..where before on the other food it was much darker..but like I said everything else looks good so I'm not overly concerned..should I be?? Lol

nope, I would not be... Banks is also on P-n-P and her's has an orange tint too it. as long as it is solid, not too hard and not runny... I say you are good

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

nope, I would not be... Banks is also on P-n-P and her's has an orange tint too it. as long as it is solid, not too hard and not runny... I say you are good

^^ agreed

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w

[MENTION=11611]Julzz9170[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION]

Maybe start a separate thread? Thinking we should keep FAQs clean..

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

[MENTION=11611]Julzz9170[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION]

Maybe start a separate thread? Thinking we should keep FAQs clean..

Good idea, done :up:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Wally's poop is definitely lighter now that he's on Fromm's Beef. I assumed it was a result of the kibble color… is that kibble colored orange?!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
When Blue was on Pork n' Peas, his poop was a light tan color. I thought it was normal..

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.