loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
franklin was just on Fromm pork & peas he pooped a lot to and I would only give him 1cup 2X day but it didn't look orange. I just switched because the place I get my dog food didn't have what I needed at he time so
now he's on taste of the wild and he seems to be the same on it we are almost done with the bag to so I might just stick with this to see how he does. I hope you figure it out good luck

OP
Julzz9170

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
[MENTION=5480]loveabully[/MENTION] thanks, I'm thinking it's not a big deal since a lot of others have seen the same thing when they were feeding Fromm pork and peas..I may try a different flavor when I buy the next bag since everyone says that the Fromm flavors a are easily switched and the food does seem to agree with them other than that..I tried taste of the wild last year when I first started thinking about changing their food and they were fine with it but my vet kind of talked me out of going grain free by making it sound like it was hard to do because I would have to change everything they ate including treats but after reading all the info here I know what to look for when I read the ingredients and I just make homemade treats for them now.. They don't seen to like the grain free ones

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
I have my guys on Fromms and they have orange poo from P&P but when they were eating Beef Frittata Veg it was really orange.
The color of there poo does not bother me as much as how there face turns very pink and blood shot eyes after eating Fromms.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Re: FAQ: What do you feed your bulldog?

Hi Julie, I've never had experience with orange poop, only navy poops ( when we feed blueberries. Lol), and my guys have had green poops when they've had an upset stomach. I remember reading when I looked up about poop colours that orange poops was caused by the food going through the intestines too quickly, and being undigested. Maybe the Pork and Peas has too much fibre in it, and your guys don't tolerate it, or digest it properly. We were feeding our guys Fromm's Beef Fritatta for the past two years, and then they started showing signs of allergy symptoms, excessive shedding and licking of paws. I've read on here of other members whose bullies don't do well on the Pea Fibre. We had tried Pork and Peas in the past, but they didn't tolerate that food either. We are now currently feeding them Fromm's Lamb and Lentil, and it's been about 6 weeks since the switch and they are both doing well on it. The shedding stopped almost immediately and the licking of the paws as well.

OP
Julzz9170

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] thanks for that info..do you happen to know if the lamb and lentil has the same amount of fibre in it? I may try that one next?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I'm not sure of the amount of fibre in the foods, but it may not be the fibre that is the problem, but the Pea or Pea Protein. My guys did not tolerate Pork and Peas either, they had soft serve poops. We just switched them to the Lamb and Lentil a little more than a month ago, and they are doing well on it so far. You can try the Lamb and Lentil, and see how he does, the great thing about Fromm's foods, is that you can switch between flavours without having to do a slow transition. You can ask your where you buy your pet food, if they can give you a couple of sample bags to try, and see if he likes it. ( That's what I did ), and also most stores will take back an opened bag of food, as long as its not less than half full, and will exchange it for another bag of food. You can also donate opened bags of food your dog doesn't like or tolerate and give it to a rescue agency or the SPCA, they are always looking for donations of food and other supplies like paper towels, blankets, wipes, toys, leashes etc.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi I looked up the Fibre Content of the two Fromm's Flavours, and they are very similar.

Fromm's Lamb and Lentil

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
Crude Protein 29% MIN
Crude Fat 18% MIN
Crude Fiber 4.5% MAX
Moisture 10% MAX
Omega 3 Fatty Acids0.5% MIN
Omega 6 Fatty Acids2.5% MIN

Fromm's Pork and Peas

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
Crude Protein 29% MIN
Crude Fat 17% MIN
Crude Fiber 3.5% MAX
Moisture 10% MAX
Omega 3 Fatty Acids0.5% MIN
Omega 6 Fatty Acids2.5% MIN

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
My one dog poops are solid but a burnt orange color. I never thought much of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Yep, Maximus' poop is a burnt-orange tint too, but I also feed him Sweet Potatoe a few times a week also. But he does love Fromm's Pork and Peas.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.