How soon can you tell if a food isn't right?

Marubadu

Jul 27, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sammy
It seems like John snow shows signs of food allergies very quickly. Like a day or two. Just wondering if this was normal.

Taste of the wild...itchy paws
Fromms salmon tunalini...brown gunky eyes and tail pocket
Fromms pork and peas...face cleared up but started to get hives
Pioneer Naturals...tear stains and watery eyes but not as bad as salmon tunalini.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
There's no guarantee it's the food, could be environmental too. I know lots of bullies had horrible allergies this summer.

Also, I would give each formula 30 days (not including the week or so it takes to switch) to see if it's really the food or something else.

How do you know the hives were caused by the Pork n' Peas formula? Sure, it could of been the food, but there's also a high probability it was caused by something else.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
There's no guarantee it's the food, could be environmental too. I know lots of bullies had horrible allergies this summer.

Also, I would give each formula 30 days (not including the week or so it takes to switch) to see if it's really the food or something else.

How do you know the hives were caused by the Pork n' Peas formula? Sure, it could of been the food, but there's also a high probability it was caused by something else.

Agreed,,,, give each at least a month to see the real effects

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sometimes you can see ill effects right away if he's highly allergic, but as [MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] stated it does take 30 days to see what the final results of food are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I totally agree with Blueberrys Mom, 2 BullyMama, and BullMama. They have given you excellent advice already.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
i know it can be frustrating and you're hypersensitive to what is going on with your bully. I always overanalyze every little spot and reaction on Lola. But in the end, watery eyes and gas will pass, and the true allergies, if any, will present themselves over that month.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.