Help Needed! Feeding

Majicka

Sep 2, 2014
Country
Rebublic of Macedonia
Bulldog(s) Names
Buch
My bulldog is 1 year old. He's been on Purina Pro Plan dog food till now. I'd like to switch him to home made food (but not raw).
Any suggestions for home made recipes? Thanks :yes:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
There are many great recipes on the Internet, and you can also check out the recipes on EBN on the Nutrition Forum.
Some people who may be able to help you out are Blueberry'smom and Marine91. I will tag them for you.

I have done a little bit of home cooking and one recipe I used was 5 lbs of lean Ground Beef, 1 pkg of frozen California vegetables, 2 cans of green beans, 1 can of Kidney Beans, 2 cups of cooked rice, and 1 cup of Beef Broth. Sauté the ground beef with no salt or pepper, until brown, add the veggies, the beans, the rice and the Beef broth. Divide into 1 cup servings. Feed 1 cup twice a day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
First off :welcome: to the site. There are a lot of different recipes out there that you can use like the one [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] uses. You will just have to make sure you are using a protein that your pup can tolerate. We currently use a modified home cook approach for our Harlea at this time as we are trying to identify animal protein allergies she has. We are using the Preference Base mix from The Honest Kitchen that doesn't contain any animal proteins so we can control what she gets and have had wonderful results so far.

Either way you look at it there are some wonderful ideas out there for both vegetarian and animal protein based home cooked meals, as well as products that still provide the home cooked feeling in less time.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Monica and Todd gave you great info.... best of luck in your search for anew and better food for your baby

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.