dog food questions.

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
Hey everyone I have a question I'm currently feeding my EB dog chesty Fromm dog food, I like this food but I came across a dog food called Zignature, it's grain, potato, and chicken free which is AMAZING seeing that chesty has allergies to all of those things! Has anyone used this product? If so can you switch the flavors up for you bully without having to transition him from one flavor to another?

Thanks so much for your help
Katie & Chesty

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I haven't tried it but it looks really good. I looked at the ingredients and thought about trying it but mine don't seen to do that great with pea protein. Not that they do bad or have allergic reactions, they just seem to get tear stains a bit with peas (I realized it when I tried Fromm pork n peas as well as when I would add them to home cooked food). So I decided not to try it.

I am not sure if it's interchangeable like Fromm is. Let us know if you try it and how you like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I also don't have any experience with this brand of dogfood. We had been feeding our guys Fromm's Beef Fritatta for the past 2 years, but then they started showing allergy signs, like excessive paw licking, and Dozer who had never shown any allergies before was shedding like crazy, and had goopy eyes. I switched them to Fromm's Lamb and Lentil a little over a month ago, and they are both tolerating this food well. I know that with Fromm's you can switch flavours without having to do a slow transition, but I would recommend doing a slow transition over 2 weeks when switching to a different brand of food, to avoid tummy upset and diarrhea.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Odd that I am seeing this. Zignature is a good quality food. I was at a dog show about a month ago and spent some time talking a Zignature rep that was working the booth of the local store that we usually buy our food from. We were feeding Fromms at the time and I asked he if their grain free line was interchangeable like the Fromms was and she said yes. Now i have never used the food personally so i cannot confirm, but i wouldn't think she would lie about it.

OP
Katielyn

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
[MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] @vinikinggirl [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] thanks you all for the help!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Please let us know how it goes ... best of luck with the change.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.