Real Name
    Tanya
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Miami & Maddox
    Likes (Received)

Default Help with food please......

Miami(17 weeks), started on Orijen Adult and had really runny stool, so we decreased the amount we were giving her and that didn't help. So we wanted to see if it was the chicken, so we went to Orijen red. Well her stool wasn't as bad and did firm up, but we noticed that her face was starting to get red. Runny nose, watery eyes, and really red chin. We tried that for about a month and then decided to switch her to Acana singles 50/50/0 Lamb trying to go to a food with limited ingredients. Well she has been on this food for about 2 weeks and her chin is really red and broke out, eyes are running really bad(wiping them all day), nose is running, and tonight her stool is loose again. She uses stainless steel bowls, and I hand feed her at least one meal a day and her face gets red then too, oh and Bottle water. I have gave her 1/2 of a Benadryl and that doesn't seem to help. No redness or breakout anywhere else. I sat down and looked at all the ingredients, how do I know which one of the ingredients is the cause of this? This is all the ingredients that they share. Sorry this is so long, just wanted to give you all the info I could.

Orijen Adult(Runs) vs Acana Singles Lamb(Rash)

Orijen Adult

red lentils, green peas, green lentils, pea fiber, chickpeas, pumpkin, butternut squash, spinach greens, carrots, Red Delicious apples, kelp, peppermint leaf, Enterococcus faecium.

Acana Singles Lamb

. green lentils, red lentils, apples, green peas, yellow peas, garbanzo beans aka chickpea, pumpkin*, carrots, kelp*, peppermint leaf, Enterococcus faecium

Orijen Adult(Runs) vs Orijen Red(Rash)

Orijen Adult

herring, whole eggs, red lentils, green peas, green lentils, sun-cured alfalfa, yams, pea fiber, chickpeas, pumpkin, butternut squash, spinach greens, carrots, Red Delicious apples, Bartlett pears, cranberries, blueberries, kelp, licorice root, angelica root, fenugreek, marigold, sweet fennel, peppermint leaf, chamomile, dandelion, summer savory, rosemary, Enterococcus faecium.

Orijen Red

herring, whole egg, red lentils, chickpeas, green peas, green lentils, pea fibre, yams, sun-cured alfalfa, pumpkin, butternut squash, spinach greens, carrots, Red Delicious apples, Bartlett pears, cranberries, blueberries, kelp, licorice root, angelica root, fenugreek, marigold flowers, sweet fennel, peppermint leaf, chamomile, dandelion, summer savory, rosemary, Enterococcus faecium.

Orijen Red(Rash) vs Acana Singles Lamb(Rash)

Orijen Red

lamb, green peas, yellow peas, pumpkin, carrots, Bartlett pears, kelp, peppermint leaf, Enterococcus faecium.

Acana Lamb

apples, lamb, green peas, yellow peas, pumpkin, carrots, kelp, peppermint leaf dried Enterococcus faecium.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Tanya
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Miami & Maddox
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Help with food please......

I woke her up for the pics, she wasn't happy lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

That is the big million dollar question.... Which ingredient is not doing her well?

She is fairly young and going through many changes, but it's quite obvious something in these foods is not agreeing with her. My guess is the peas, because we do see bulldogs with pea allergy here on the forum.

Hope you find a food that agrees with her very soon. Make sure you are using stainless bowls and wash after each feeding as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi Tanya, looking at the ingredients, I don't see any that raise a red flag for me, most bullies are allergic or sensitive to chicken, salmon, corn, grains and other fillers in the food. I don't see any of those Ingredients in the foods you have listed. Are these symptoms of rash, soft stools, runny nose and eyes new symptoms? Allergies don't always come from foods, they can also be caused from environmental factors inside or outside of the house. They can get runny eyes and noses, or itchiness from outside allergies like trees, grass, pollen, bug bites, ragweed, and even pollution. Things that they can be allergic to inside the house are laundry soaps, shampoos, household cleaners, or air freshness. Have you used any new household cleaning products, or new soaps or shampoos? Adding 2 Tbsp of plain yogurt to the kibble, and 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar to the drinking water are great supplements that help with allergy symptoms. Yogurt has Probiotics and aids in digestion, and also boosts the immune system. ACV has many health benefits, it is a natural anti inflammatory, it kills the bad bacteria in the body, so boosts the immune system, and it also balances the Ph levels of the blood. I hope you find the source of Miami's allergies, and she gets relief soon.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I'd try a different protein entirely.

Real Name
    Ted
    Country
    Indonesia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sky (aka Stardust Iron Dome)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Miami, am no expert, but wonder why dont you give her puppy food either orijen or acana? I just wonder if it makes a difference......
    Using Tapatalk

Anyone fed their pup Blue wilderness rocky Mountain recipe with bison?

Real Name
    Tanya
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Miami & Maddox
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by teddokun View Post
    Hi Miami, am no expert, but wonder why dont you give her puppy food either orijen or acana? I just wonder if it makes a difference......
    The Orijen Adult is what her breeder had her on. She told me to use the adult food. I never really questioned it because when reading about the food online it said if feeding a puppy give this amount. This is my first bully and I just trusted the breeders choice. I figured that she had a good reason for it. I figured that it had to do with regulating growth. So I just stuck with the adult.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Callie Roxanna
    Likes (Received)

We used Science Diet for sensitive stomach! My bully had lots of allergies.

Country
    United States of Merica
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fuggles McMush (Mushie)
    Likes (Received)

What about fromm pork and peas? I can take a photo of the list of ingredients on the bag if you'd like. Mush has problems with everything....this food has changed her life and mine as well.

Real Name
    Tanya
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Miami & Maddox
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MushiesMom View Post
    What about fromm pork and peas? I can take a photo of the list of ingredients on the bag if you'd like. Mush has problems with everything....this food has changed her life and mine as well.
    Thank you for your reply and being willing to take a picture of the ingredients for me. I love EBN everyone is so nice here......I'm thinking I need to try something without the peas, being that they are in the 3 foods I have already tried.

Country
    United States of Merica
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fuggles McMush (Mushie)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Miami927 View Post
    Thank you for your reply and being willing to take a picture of the ingredients for me. I love EBN everyone is so nice here......I'm thinking I need to try something without the peas, being that they are in the 3 foods I have already tried.

I had actually thought to myself what about mush's food and then quickly had a second thought that it might be good to avoid peas for the time being.

Hold on. I'm going to do a little research for ya and see what I come up with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads