The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Well... The day I was hoping would never come is upon us. The MRSA that Harlea had is almost 100% eradicated but she is still itching like crazy. We have identified many things that she is allergic to over the last 6 months or so and removed those from her diet yet she is still having allergy issues so our next step is to begin doing food trials and take her off of Fromms for now. We are doing our best to avoid the prescription food trial as long as we can and we are going a bit of an unorthodox way with this but we have our blessing of our vet. After much research we are going to be using the Honest Kitchen Preference base mix that does not contain any animal proteins and use it for a month adding vegetable proteins to basically detox her system and include additional probiotics. During this time she will be seeing the vet on a weekly basis to make sure things are going well and she isn't losing or gaining too much weight. After the first month we will slowly start to introduce animal proteins back in to her diet watching for the slightest irritation like a hawk and as we are using a base mix we control what animal proteins are used we won't have to keep going back and forth to purchase different food.

As i said i was hoping it wold never come to this, but we have spent the last several months researching the route we wanted to take if we had to switch foods, and i feel good about it after speaking with the manufacturer several times, trying the samples they provided and talking to several others that are using this product with various breeds and them having good results. I just want my baby to feel better and if this does the trick then so be it. The cost isn't that much more than a bag of Fromms anyhow.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I wish you all the luck, and I hope this works for Harlea, and you are able to find a food and protein source that she can tolerate and be free from allergy symptoms. The process can be very frustrating and time consuming, and mostly trial and error to find the right food. You're such a great bully Dad to do the research with the vet and manufacturers to help your baby. Please keep us posted on your journey and let us know how she's doing and what worked for her. It will help a lot of people who may be going through the same experience.

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
You are on the right tract. You are a Great Dad and I know Harlea loves you. It sounds to me like you have a little bulldog in you.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=12277]RalphieBoy[/MENTION] I have a whole lot of bulldog in me. Or shall i say Teufel Hunden as I am a Marine after all. Lol

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh gosh Todd… I'm sorry to hear that Harlea is still having allergy issues, but I think you are doing the right thing absolutely. Good luck and keep us posted!!!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Oh i will for sure. We started the transition to the mix tonight and she loves it so we will see in 2 weeks when we have her fully cut over to it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
THK is a great product.... Best of luck and I hope this works for Harlea and she us better soon

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Fingers crossed here!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Day 1 is in the books. Started the transition last night and other than a change of color with her poo which we expected all is going well so far.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That is a great food and an excellent way to do a trial, keep us posted on her results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

Baxter Tiberius

I would strongly recommend Farm Fresh Pet Foods. Their cooked formulas. Or something similar. I wouldn't go raw, but that's only because we had nothing but problems on raw.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Good Luck Todd.
we are currently trying to find out what is causing Ftse's yeast problems we have been on so many different kibbles and now stopped beef and seeing how this goes.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.