Thread: Anyone Feed Their Bully Merrick?

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goob
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Anyone Feed Their Bully Merrick?

I see that many people use Fromm's here on EBN. I was just wondering if anyone out there fed their guys/girls Merrick Grain Free. Goob LOVES it and is doing really well on it but I just wanted to know if the flavors were interchangeable and if so, how interchangeable? Meal to meal or day to day? He has no allergies but just curious b/c one day he might decide he doesn't like this flavor anymore.

-20140721_232734-jpg

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Anyone Feed Their Bully Merrick?

I know Merrick's is a very good food, but not sure of the interchangability of it form meal to meal..... @bullmama might know
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Merrick is a great food, but I don't think they are interchangeable. Looking at their site I see no mention of it. Likely if you are switching within the same brand you won't have to do a really slow switch, since I'm sure many of the ingredients are comparable.

Even with Fromm if I'm switching from one to another I will do a two day transition, because it's actually meant to mix up-- one kind for breakfast another for dinner, then one of those two again for breakfast , ect. Doing it that way keeps a variety in the diet but also continues with current kibble. A complete switch from one to another I still think needs at least a small transition otherwise a little tummy ache can occur, and we all know how sensitive these bullies can be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goob
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bullmama View Post
    Merrick is a great food, but I don't think they are interchangeable. Looking at their site I see no mention of it. Likely if you are switching within the same brand you won't have to do a really slow switch, since I'm sure many of the ingredients are comparable.

Even with Fromm if I'm switching from one to another I will do a two day transition, because it's actually meant to mix up-- one kind for breakfast another for dinner, then one of those two again for breakfast , ect. Doing it that way keeps a variety in the diet but also continues with current kibble. A complete switch from one to another I still think needs at least a small transition otherwise a little tummy ache can occur, and we all know how sensitive these bullies can be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Makes sense...thanks for taking the time to answer my question... I truly appreciate it. I suppose if he ever gets sick of it, I'll do a few days of switching over just in case.

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

Raven has always been on Merrick's Grain Free. Sadly the flavors are not interchangeable. You will have to do a slow mix down when attempting to change flavors.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Remove Ads