Anyone Feed Their Bully Merrick?

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
I see that many people use Fromm's here on EBN. I was just wondering if anyone out there fed their guys/girls Merrick Grain Free. Goob LOVES it and is doing really well on it but I just wanted to know if the flavors were interchangeable and if so, how interchangeable? Meal to meal or day to day? He has no allergies but just curious b/c one day he might decide he doesn't like this flavor anymore.

20140721_232734.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I know Merrick's is a very good food, but not sure of the interchangability of it form meal to meal..... [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] might know

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Merrick is a great food, but I don't think they are interchangeable. Looking at their site I see no mention of it. Likely if you are switching within the same brand you won't have to do a really slow switch, since I'm sure many of the ingredients are comparable.

Even with Fromm if I'm switching from one to another I will do a two day transition, because it's actually meant to mix up-- one kind for breakfast another for dinner, then one of those two again for breakfast , ect. Doing it that way keeps a variety in the diet but also continues with current kibble. A complete switch from one to another I still think needs at least a small transition otherwise a little tummy ache can occur, and we all know how sensitive these bullies can be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Goob14

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Merrick is a great food, but I don't think they are interchangeable. Looking at their site I see no mention of it. Likely if you are switching within the same brand you won't have to do a really slow switch, since I'm sure many of the ingredients are comparable.

Even with Fromm if I'm switching from one to another I will do a two day transition, because it's actually meant to mix up-- one kind for breakfast another for dinner, then one of those two again for breakfast , ect. Doing it that way keeps a variety in the diet but also continues with current kibble. A complete switch from one to another I still think needs at least a small transition otherwise a little tummy ache can occur, and we all know how sensitive these bullies can be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes sense...thanks for taking the time to answer my question... I truly appreciate it. I suppose if he ever gets sick of it, I'll do a few days of switching over just in case:).

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Raven has always been on Merrick's Grain Free. Sadly the flavors are not interchangeable. You will have to do a slow mix down when attempting to change flavors.

Most Reactions