Help Needed! .caninecaviar

Coop590

Jun 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
I'm just wondering if anyone has tried canine caviar dog food before for their bully.
ALao I just want to make sure it's a good brand.Lily had been on Fromm since she was a pup and after 2 years had decided she doesn't like it. I went into my local pet store and. Canine caviar is what they recommended .

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I'm not familiar with this brand, and have no experience with it. I went on the Dog Food Ratings Forum and looked it up, and it's rated as a 3 Star Food, meaning its not a terrible food, but also not the best. You want to choose a 4 to 6 Star food for better quality and nutrition. Examples of these are Fromm's, Wellness, Blue Buffalo, Arcana, and Orijen. Have you tried any of the other flavours of Fromm's? There are 4 or 5 flavours to choose from. My guys were on Royal Canin from the breeder, when I looked into the ingredients, and started researching dog foods, I realized Royal Canin wasn't the best choice either, it has fillers, corn, and grains, plus it's source of protein is chicken and my Blossom is allergic to chicken and salmon. The Royal,Canin is also listed as a 3 Star food, and was recommended by the breeder, and my vet also said it was a good food. I also learned during my researching of foods that vets like medical doctors don't learn a lot on nutrition in school, they only do a small course on this. Their studies are mainly diseases and how to treat them. My vet told me Royal Canin was a good food, and she sells it in her office, but many vets get a kick back for selling certain brands in their offices. I've seen other offices that sell Science Diet, or Iams and these foods are listed as 1 and 2 Star foods. You could also try adding toppers to Lilys food such as yogurt, this is very good for digestion and boosting the immune system, I also add fruits sometimes, my guys love cut up apples, strawberries, bananas, cooked broccoli, carrots, green beans and cauliflower. I usually give them the fruits in the mornings, and add cooked veggies to the evening kibble. It's usually whatever vegetable we are having for dinner.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I also never heard of it.... [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] ??

OP
Coop590

Coop590

Jun 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
I have tried the other flavors of Fromm and also put toppings on her food and she still wont eat it, the brand is actually called holistic canine caviar
this is what it says on the back of the package

Wilderness Grain Free Dinner is a complete and balanced formula intended for moderately active dogs and nursing bitches. Wilderness Grain Free Dinner is the most nutritious food your dog will ever need and is perfect for large and giant breed puppies.Health: Wilderness Grain Free Dinner is a grain free limited ingredient holistic diet that uses the highest quality protein.
Protein Rotation: Canine Caviar recommends rotating proteins, which gives your pet a different amino acid profile and helps maintain a healthy immune system. Canine Caviar offers a variety of proteins in dry, canned and treats that your dog will love.
Allergy – Alfalfa, garlic, fenugreek and parsley help to maintain skin and health.
Botanicals – Alfalfa, fenugreek, garlic, kelp, papaya, parsley, peppermint, rose hips and yucca provide the extra nutritional difference that you and your pet will observe.
Breath – Chlorophyll from alfalfa, parsley and peppermint act as a natural breath freshener.
Circulatory – Alfalfa, garlic, parsley, peppermint, rose hips and yucca help to maintain the blood and circulation.
Digestive – Fermentation Culture (probiotic), FOS(prebiotic), papaya and yucca support intestinal health.
Energy – High quality nutrient dense proteins for energy and complex carbohydrates for endurance.
Health – Nutritionally optimized to support the development of muscles, organs, bones and teeth. Formulated to help maintain heart, kidney and liver health.
HeartTaurine for heart health.
Immune – High quality antioxidants help to maintain the immune system.
Omega – Omega 3 and 6 from high quality fats and oils.

No WheatNo Potato or Tapioca
No EthoxyquinNo Added Hormones
No Gluten or GMONo Meat or Poultry By-Products

Venison Meal, Split Pea, Lamb Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Sun Cured Alfalfa, Aspergillus Niger Fermentation Culture, Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Product, Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Culture, Sun-Cured Kelp, FOS (prebiotic), Calcium Proteinate, Sodium Chloride, Lecithin, Choline Chloride, Parsley, Fenugreek, Peppermint, Taurine, Selenium, Whole Clove Garlic, Vitamin E, Zinc Proteinate, Vitamin C, Papaya, Rose Hips, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Manganese Proteinate, Vitamin D3, Biotin, Vitamin A, Riboflavin, Vitamin B12, Potassium Proteinate, Folic Acid

Crude Protein
26.0% min.
Crude Fat16.0% min.
Crude Fiber4.3% max.
Moisture8.0% max.
Calcium1.0% min.
Phosphorus.8% min.
**Omega 6
3.2% min.
**Omega 31.0% min.
**Taurine
.10% min.

VNassraway

Aug 28, 2014
Norco, California, United States
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
I have had my dog on Canine caviar for awhile now and i have never seen her so energetic. She absolutely loves it and licks her bowl clean, which was so rare to see because she never really ate that much and now she is begging for more. Only after a week i saw differences in her coat, and the flee dirt on his skin completely clear, along with her eyes completely clean. I have tried a couple other Dog foods but none of them have had the results that Canine Caviar has given to my fur baby. I have also read amazing testimonies that i found on their website, here is the link :) http://www.caninecaviar.com/testimonials/. i hope this helps!

Alan Lau

Sep 2, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gizmo
I have used canine caviar food for my bulldog now for about three years. She was originally diagnosed with UTI and bladder stones. The veterinarian recommended diet food prescription. It was expensive and a hassle to get.

I ran into a canine caviar booth at a local pet store and inquired about any food that would suit my bully's health conditions. They recommended their "special needs diet" food line. This food is better than the prescription diet food from the vet. My dog has lost the extra weight and doesn't have any reoccurrence is of UTI. My bully seems more energetic and active as well

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I've never heard of this food, but I hate when brands recommend "rotating proteins" as protein allergies are very common in dogs, even after they've been on one that hasn't caused prior problems.
When that happens, you want to try a protein they've never been on before.

Ask any Vet or vet dermatologist and they'll tell you this. Especially if you have a bulldog.

OP
Coop590

Coop590

Jun 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
Thanks for the input everyone ! Lily has been on canine caviar for about 2 weeks and she also LOVES it she licks her bowl clean! She is also more energetic hopefully we have found a winner!

Most Reactions