Switching food over to TOTW

Christine Baker

Aug 12, 2014
Hi everyone - I am changing my 8 month old English bulldog over to a grain free salmon taste of the wild dog food. My vet has suggested this bc she is having some yeast problems. I would love to hear y'all's thoughts on TOTW vs. FRomms with English bulldogs. Fromms is a little more money so if it is really worth it, I will change it out but I would love to get some thoughts. Thanks y'all! Your wonderful! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408206402.638202.jpg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@Christine Baker I have been using TOTW Pacific Salmon for a few years and my dogs have been doing well on it. Maybe your dog will, too. I know many people here use Fromm's, but I have never tried it-so far all has been okay!

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
Walley-Bubba developed a heavy yeast infection but his stool was perfect on Fromm Pork and Peas.
So we asked the breeder for advice.
He recommended TOTW Venison & Buffalo because WB's Mom and Sister are both doing well on it.
So we slowly switched Walley-Bubba from Fromm Pork & Peas to TOTW Venison & Buffalo and we also used Hexaclor-K Wipes every day (he hates that).
He's been perfect ever since although we do occasionally (every 2 weeks) wipe his wrinkles (still hates it) with Hexaclor-K Wipes.
The Hexaclor Wipes were recommended by the vet tech (she has a Bull Mastiff) because they clean and more importantly dry the folds to keep any yeast at bay.

Both foods are excellent and also grain free, but TOTW seems to work better for WB's particular case so your results may be different.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I feed Fromm but many here do very well on TOTW, try it and see how he does... The thing with food is what works great for one may be the worst for another... It is trail and error a lot of the time

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Many bulldogs do fabulous on TOTW! The only downside is that they manufacture many brands and many if their foods have had recalls over the past ten years. Due to this recall history I stay away from it. Fromm has never had a recall so that makes me very comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarah Elizabeth

Oct 20, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hulk
We had Hulk on their puppy food and he did well. When we switched to adult food we went to earthborne and he's done ok with it aside from recent itching and a hotspot, we're not sure if it's food or environmental allergies that caused it. This weekend we decided to switch back to totw salmon to see if it helps with his skin. Best of luck to you and your bully with the switch!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.