Pup throwing up on Fromms Beef Frittata?

alirebco

May 16, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Annabelle (Belly)
My 5 month old pup was eating Fromms Puppy Gold with no issue from 2-5 months. I switched her to the grain free line - Beef Frittata - and she has thrown up 4 times over 2 weeks. Nothing else has changed and I'm wondering if the food is too rich for her or if she should still be on the puppy formula. She is a bit small - 27 lbs at 5 months. Is there any other reason why she would randomly be throwing up? It's only been a handful of times, but it's concerning.

OP
A

alirebco

May 16, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Annabelle (Belly)
She also still has bad tear stains. Should I try a different version, go back to the puppy formula or something else entirely?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What is the vomit like, is she throwing up food or just mucus/bile? .... what time of day

OP
A

alirebco

May 16, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Annabelle (Belly)
It's food in the throw up. Most times it happens pretty soon after eating but yesterday it was 6 hours after.

OP
A

alirebco

May 16, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Annabelle (Belly)
It's happened both morning and evening

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It's food in the throw up. Most times it happens pretty soon after eating but yesterday it was 6 hours after.

Is her poo fine.. firm, not hard or runny? Any other signs of illness.. overly lazy, not drinking water??

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
I switched from the puppy bag to the Beef Frittata at about 5-6 months and it took a couple weeks but June's tear stains faded away. We then tried to the Surf and Turf flavor and her face is completely white now. Maybe you just need to give it some more time?? I'm not sure about the vomiting though...

OP
A

alirebco

May 16, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Annabelle (Belly)
Poop is totally fine. I transitioned slowly over 3 days from the puppy to the beef. Maybe it's too much for her at her age?

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
Poop is totally fine. I transitioned slowly over 3 days from the puppy to the beef. Maybe it's too much for her at her age?

Is she eating to fast? One of my dogs will puke every time if I don't use a slow feed bowl as she just inhales her food.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would try the Pork and Peas, we have had good luck with that. Ours didn't really like the Beef Frittata.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

her age is fine as the Fromm grain free line is all stages... may be try the pork and Peas as David suggested. That is what we use too and Banks does very well on it

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.